Walleye Acquire Forward Todd Griffith from Reading
(Toledo, OH) - The Toledo Walleye and Head Coach Nick Vitucci announced today that the team has acquired forward Todd Griffith from the Reading Royals in exchange for future considerations. In an unrelated move, forward Joey Martin has returned from his PTO with Houston. Both are expected to play today for Toledo against Wheeling.
"Todd is a forward that will give us more toughness and skill up front," said Vitucci when discussing the trade. "He does have a flair for offense that we will see to go along with his toughness."
Griffith joins Toledo after appearing in 14 games with the Royals where he scored five goals and three assists. In his career, Todd has skated in 140 ECHL games and has collected 100 points (60g, 40a) and 317 penalty minutes in those contests. For his pro career, the Welland, Ontario native has 213 points (113g, 100a) and 566 penalty minutes in 267 games.
Martin returns to Toledo after appearing in four more games with Houston in the AHL. Joey has two goals in eight total AHL games this season. The Thorold, Ontario native has 12 goals and 13 assists with the Walleye. He is second to Kyle Rogers (13g, 14a) in scoring with the Walleye this year.
Toledo will play in Johnstown today against Wheeling. The Toledo Walleye will return home on Saturday February 4, 2012 against Kalamazoo. Stick around after the game for Team Photo night with your favorite players. Fans can call (419) 725-WALL or visit www.toledowalleye.com for more information.
**The Toledo Walleye play all of their home games at the Huntington Center in downtown Toledo. The Walleye are the proud ECHL affiliate of the 2010 Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks and the Detroit Red Wings.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 29, 2012
- Thunder becomes first team in 2011-12 to sweep Alaska in three game series - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Clip Aces 2-1 in Goaltending Battle - Alaska Aces
- Hotham, Lenes Shine in Nailers' 5-2 Victory - Wheeling Nailers
- Express Comeback from Two Goal Deficit for 3-2 Shootout Win - Chicago Express
- Royals Fall in Return to Wings Stadium, 5-1 - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Fall to Express in Shootout, 3-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals' Perfect Shootout Run Ends in 4-3 Loss to Stingrays - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Bounce Jackals 4-3 in the Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Beat Titans 4-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Road Trip Ends with Loss at Gwinnett - Trenton Titans
- K-Wings Use The Force - Kalamazoo Wings
- Walleye Acquire Forward Todd Griffith from Reading - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - January 29 - ECHL
- Nailers Game Preview: Toledo Vs Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Clackson Returns to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Charlebois Returns From Manchester - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Chicago - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Express Vs.Cincinnati Today - Chicago Express
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Wrap up Season Series with Jackals on Kid's Day - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira at South Carolina - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - January 29 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Alaska Aces - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Go Down Swinging Against Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Topple Condors, 5-1 - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Take Another over Defending Champs - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Fall to Thunder 4-1 - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.