Waldrop, Mugarian Are Dragons Players of the Month
DAYTON, OHIO-The Dayton Dragons announced today that outfielder Kyle Waldrop and right-handed pitcher Wes Mugarian have been selected in a fans' vote as the team's Batter and Pitcher of the Month for August. Waldrop and Mugarian were selected through daytondragons.com.
Other nominees for Batter of the Month were shortstop Juan Perez and outfielder Juan Silva. Other nominees for Pitcher of the Month were Dan Jensen and Ryan Kemp.
Waldrop and Mugarian will be honored tonight during an inning break of the Dragons game. There will also be a Player of the Month luncheon tomorrow (Thursday) at 12:00 noon at Donatos, 7912 Paragon Road in Centerville. Fans may attend to meet the winning players and receive autographs. The players will also be available to the media for interviews.
Waldrop, 20, batted a team-leading .323 with five doubles, one home run, and eight runs batted in August. He was selected by the Cincinnati Reds in the 12th round of the 2010 draft out of Riverdale High School in Ft. Myers, Florida.
Mugarian posted a record of 3-0 with a 3.52 earned run average over six appearances (one start) in August. He is 20 years old and a product of Pensacola (Fla.) Catholic High School. He was the Reds fifth round draft pick in 2010.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 29, 2012
- Bees Can't Fend off Clinton, 6-3 - Burlington Bees
- Two More for Paolini in 6-3 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- River Bandits Rally Late to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Fall Behind Early, Can't Catch Up Wednesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Votto Returns But Dragons Fall 5-4 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Announce Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Aguila's Four-Hit Night Not Enough - South Bend Silver Hawks
- 'Caps Take Care of Business, Toss Three-Hitter - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Lugs win 80th, blast past Silver Hawks, 7-3 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Captains Stall Hot Rods 7-2 - Lake County Captains
- Needy Goes the Distance in 1-0 Loss - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Vettleson Hits 15th Jack But Road Streak Ends - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- OF Dalton Pompey Joins Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Argo, Sawyer Received from Princeton - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Lugs' Tamargo Named MWL Manager of the Year, Pillar Honored as MVP - Lansing Lugnuts
- Two Snappers Named Midwest League Post Season All-Stars - Beloit Snappers
- Hedges and Portillo Named MWL Post-Season All-Stars - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- TinCaps' Stites to Play in Arizona Fall League - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kernels Release 2013 Schedule on September 4th - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- River Bandits Garcia, Walsh Named Postseason All-Stars - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Gameday for August 29 - Dayton Dragons
- Roster Update - Burlington Bees
- 2012 MWL Post-Season All-Star Team Announced - MWL
- Kane County Cougars Homestand Preview: September 1-3 - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons on TV Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Gary Mitchell Promoted to Inland Empire - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Waldrop, Mugarian Are Dragons Players of the Month - Dayton Dragons
- LumberKings Win Second-Half Western Division - Clinton LumberKings
- River Bandits Swept by Clinton in 6-5, 13-Inning Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.