Two Snappers Named Midwest League Post Season All-Stars
Beloit, WI- On Wednesday, August 29th, the Midwest League announced its 2012 Post Season All-Star Roster, which included two Beloit Snappers. Third baseman, Miguel Sano and left-handed reliever, Corey Williams were selected as All-Stars by the Field Managers of the sixteen Midwest League member clubs. In addition, Sano was named the Midwest League Prospect of the Year.
Sano is the Minnesota Twins top prospect. He was signed as a non-drafted free agent out of San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Republic in 2009. Sano was named a Midwest League All-Star in the first half, and played as the starting third baseman at the Midwest League All-Star game at Kane County.
As a Snapper, Sano is hitting .260 with 28 doubles, four triples, 27 home runs, 98 RBI, and an OBP of .376. He currently leads the Midwest League in home runs, RBI, total bases (234), and base on balls (80).
Williams is ranked as the Twins #16 minor league prospect. He was drafted in the third round of the 2011 draft out of Vanderbilt University. Williams is currently tied for fourth in saves in the Midwest League with 16. So far this season, he is 4-4 with a 3.68 ERA in 58.2 innings pitched, while recording 63 strikeouts.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 29, 2012
- Bees Can't Fend off Clinton, 6-3 - Burlington Bees
- Two More for Paolini in 6-3 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- River Bandits Rally Late to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Fall Behind Early, Can't Catch Up Wednesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Votto Returns But Dragons Fall 5-4 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Announce Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Aguila's Four-Hit Night Not Enough - South Bend Silver Hawks
- 'Caps Take Care of Business, Toss Three-Hitter - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Lugs win 80th, blast past Silver Hawks, 7-3 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Captains Stall Hot Rods 7-2 - Lake County Captains
- Needy Goes the Distance in 1-0 Loss - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Vettleson Hits 15th Jack But Road Streak Ends - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- OF Dalton Pompey Joins Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Argo, Sawyer Received from Princeton - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Lugs' Tamargo Named MWL Manager of the Year, Pillar Honored as MVP - Lansing Lugnuts
- Two Snappers Named Midwest League Post Season All-Stars - Beloit Snappers
- Hedges and Portillo Named MWL Post-Season All-Stars - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- TinCaps' Stites to Play in Arizona Fall League - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kernels Release 2013 Schedule on September 4th - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- River Bandits Garcia, Walsh Named Postseason All-Stars - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Gameday for August 29 - Dayton Dragons
- Roster Update - Burlington Bees
- 2012 MWL Post-Season All-Star Team Announced - MWL
- Kane County Cougars Homestand Preview: September 1-3 - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons on TV Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Gary Mitchell Promoted to Inland Empire - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Waldrop, Mugarian Are Dragons Players of the Month - Dayton Dragons
- LumberKings Win Second-Half Western Division - Clinton LumberKings
- River Bandits Swept by Clinton in 6-5, 13-Inning Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.