Vipers Outrebounded in Road Loss to Skyforce
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers (10-20) fall on the road to Sioux Falls Skyforce (13-14) 109-130 on Friday night on the first back-to-back set.
The Vipers trailed in the first quarter 28-33 to Sioux Falls Skyforce. Froward Jaron Blossomgame led the squad with nine points and five rebounds. Houston Rockets assignee Chris Clemons tallied seven points. Sioux Falls were led by Miami Heat two-way player Gabe Vincent with nine points, two assists and a lone steal.
RGV continued to fall behind as they ended the half 53-57 to the Skyforce. Blossomgame continued to lead with 17 points and seven rebounds going into the half. The forward shot 50.0 percent from the floor and 5-6 from the free throw line.
For the Skyforce, Jarrett Jack leads the squad with 12 points, four assists while shooting 5-7 from the field. Off the bench, Vincent tallied 11 points shooting 50.0 percent from both the field and the three-point line.
Although the Vipers picked up the momentum, Sioux Falls led the matchup in the third 86-103. Clemons reached 21 points while Rockets two-way player William Howard tallied 14 points, three rebounds and four assists. Isaiah Taylor totaled 12 points, four rebounds and contributed six assists. Meanwhile, Jack totaled 19 points, six assists leading the Skyforce.
Clemons set the tone in the fourth when he took a three-point jump shot at the 10:59 minute mark but Rio Grande Valley trailed to end the game. Three starters for the Vipers hit the double-digits; Clemons (24, three assists), Howard (19, three boards and four assists) and Taylor (16, four rebounds and six assists).
Both Clemons and Howard hit four three-pointers each for the squad. Blossomgame totaled 19 points off the bench, falling short on a double-double tonight as he had nine rebounds.
Sioux Falls had four of their starters hit the double figures and two players off the bench. Vincent led the team with 23 points and contributed three assists. Meanwhile, Mychal Mulder hit a double-double totaling 16 points and 11 defensive rebounds.
The Vipers will play tomorrow against Sioux Falls Skyforce to end their back-to-back series. Matchup will tip off at 7 p.m. CT. Watch here. For more information, contact the RGV Vipers at 956-56-ARENA or visit www.rgvipers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 24, 2020
- Stars Win Overtime Thriller at Vivint Arena - Salt Lake City Stars
- Balanced Blue Coats Coast Past Swarm at Home - Delaware Blue Coats
- Skyforce Cruises Past Vipers in 130-109 Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Hustle Struggle in Fourth, Fall to Raptors 905 - Memphis Hustle
- Skyhawks Drop Close Game to Lakeland - College Park Skyhawks
- Vipers Outrebounded in Road Loss to Skyforce - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Long Island Nets Fall to Maine in Hard-Fought Matchup - Long Island Nets
- Davis, Waters Carry Red Claws to Victory - Maine Red Claws
- Suns Too Hot for Clips - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Everything Goes Right for Suns in Win at Clippers - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hoard, Legends Light up OKC - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.