Suns Too Hot for Clips
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Agua Caliente Clippers (13-14) were handed their worst loss of the season by the red-hot Northern Arizona Suns (8-20), falling by a score of 117-88 on Thursday night.
Without two of it's leading scorers in Johnathan Motley, transferred to the NBA roster via his Two-Way contract earlier this week, and Mfiondu Kabengele, out with a shoulder injury, the Clippers didn't put up much of a fight against a Suns team that holds the second-worst record in the G League. Northern Arizona was hot from start to finish, shooting 57.1 percent from the field (48-for-84), 54.2 percent from three-point range (13-for-24), and led by as much as 33 on their way to handing the Clippers their largest margin of defeat this season.
Desi Rodriguez led the Clippers with 18 points. Xavier Rathan-Mayes added 14 points and seven assists in the losing effort.
Ike Nwamu paced the Suns with a game-high 29 points on 10-of-13 shooting from the field and made five of his seven three-point attempts.
Agua Caliente will look to get even on Saturday afternoon as they host the Suns again in a rematch. The game is slated to tip-off at 12:30 p.m. PST inside the Toyota Arena in Ontario, Calif.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 24, 2020
- Stars Win Overtime Thriller at Vivint Arena - Salt Lake City Stars
- Balanced Blue Coats Coast Past Swarm at Home - Delaware Blue Coats
- Skyforce Cruises Past Vipers in 130-109 Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Hustle Struggle in Fourth, Fall to Raptors 905 - Memphis Hustle
- Skyhawks Drop Close Game to Lakeland - College Park Skyhawks
- Vipers Outrebounded in Road Loss to Skyforce - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Long Island Nets Fall to Maine in Hard-Fought Matchup - Long Island Nets
- Davis, Waters Carry Red Claws to Victory - Maine Red Claws
- Suns Too Hot for Clips - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Everything Goes Right for Suns in Win at Clippers - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hoard, Legends Light up OKC - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers Stories
- Clips Earn Crucial Win in Nail-Biter over Lakers
- Win over Legends Keeps Clips in Playoff Picture
- Clips Comeback But Lose Late Lead to Legends
- Rodriguez's Huge Dunk Overshadowed by Late Loss to Kings
- AC Clippers Celebrate Read Across America Day with Lehigh Elementary