Balanced Blue Coats Coast Past Swarm at Home
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (15-11), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, defeated the Greensboro Swarm (6-22), 134-95, on Friday night at 76ers Fieldhouse. The Blue Coats connected on a season-high-tying 21 3-point field goals in sweeping the season series (3-0) against the Swarm, and seven Delaware players scored at least 10 points for the third-straight contest.
Michael Bryson registered a perfect shooting night for the Blue Coats en route to a game-high-tying 19 points (7-7 fg, 2-2 3fg, 1-1 ft) with six rebounds and three blocked shots in 22 minutes as a reserve. Jared Brownridge started his fourth game of the season and also scored 19 points (7-10 fg, 5-8 3fg), adding five rebounds and five assists in 25 minutes of action. Julian Washburn netted 18 points (6-10 fg, 6-10 3fg) on the back of a season-high six 3-point field goals made for the home team, while 76ers two-way contract player Marial Shayok also totaled 18 points (8-15 fg, 2-8 3fg) in 26 minutes of work.
Blue Coats big men Doral Moore (17 points, eight rebounds, four blocks) and Christ Koumadje (10 points, seven rebounds, three blocks) combined for seven of the club's 11 blocked shots. The G League's top shot-blocking team has now blocked at least 10 shots on eight occasions this season.
Haywood Highsmith came off the bench to tally 14 points (5-10 fg, 3-5 3fg, 1-1 ft), five rebounds and two assists in 27 minutes for the Blue Coats. Delaware's Xavier Munford dished out 13 of the team's 31 assists, his fifth game with double-digit assists this season. Newcomer Justin Robinson added seven assists to his eight points and was a game-high plus-29 in 22 minutes as a Blue Coats reserve.
The Blue Coats led 70-46 at halftime and by as many as 46 points in the fourth quarter. They did not miss a free throw for the first time this season, going a perfect 8-for-8 at the charity strip. On Dec. 17 at Greensboro, Delaware made 19 of its 20 free-throw attempts.
Caleb Martin, on assignment from the Charlotte Hornets, notched a team-high 15 points (5-12 fg, 1-3 3fg, 2-4 ft) and eight rebounds in 26 minutes for the Swarm. Thomas Welsh tallied 11 of his 13 points (5-10 fg, 3-4 3fg) in the first quarter for the visitors. Greensboro's Jalen McDaniels (4-11 fg, 2-4 3fg), on assignment from the Hornets, and Joel Berry II (4-10 fg, 2-6 3fg) added 10 points apiece.
The Blue Coats will conclude the second night of a home back-to-back when they welcome the Erie BayHawks to 76ers Fieldhouse tomorrow night at 7 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 24, 2020
- Stars Win Overtime Thriller at Vivint Arena - Salt Lake City Stars
- Balanced Blue Coats Coast Past Swarm at Home - Delaware Blue Coats
- Skyforce Cruises Past Vipers in 130-109 Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Hustle Struggle in Fourth, Fall to Raptors 905 - Memphis Hustle
- Skyhawks Drop Close Game to Lakeland - College Park Skyhawks
- Vipers Outrebounded in Road Loss to Skyforce - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Long Island Nets Fall to Maine in Hard-Fought Matchup - Long Island Nets
- Davis, Waters Carry Red Claws to Victory - Maine Red Claws
- Suns Too Hot for Clips - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Everything Goes Right for Suns in Win at Clippers - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hoard, Legends Light up OKC - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- 76ers Fieldhouse to 'Light It Blue' for Illuminate Delaware
- Blue Coats and Blue Rocks Partner on Delaware Together Campaign
- Q&A with Haywood Highsmith: Coat Check Podcast
- Nemours Children's Health System Seeks PPE & Cleaning Supply Donations
- ChristianaCare Seeks Blue Coats Fans' Support in COVID-19 Fight