Vipers Defeat South Bay
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers (18-10) defeated South Bay Lakers (11-17), 125-119, on Sunday night. Bruno Caboclo drops 26 points for the second time this season.
Vipers led the first half with a 72-55 lead. Caboclo led the Vipers with 18 points in the half in addition to four rebounds and two blocks. Michael Frazier tallied 15 points, six rebounds and three assists. Scott Machado racked up 13 points, three rebounds and four assists for the Lakers.
During third quarter, Vipers slept on defense and South Bay took advantage with a 21-37 lead. Jordan Johnson dropped nine points in the third. Meanwhile, Machado earned 11 points with two assists.
South Bay could not pull out the win in the fourth quarter as RGV stepped up for the win on the road. Machado totaled 32 points, game-high, five rebounds, seven assists and three steals. Travis Wear added 19 points and seven rebounds. In addition, Johnathan Williams dropped 18 points and eight rebounds.
In addition to the 26 points, Caboclo racked up nine rebounds, two assists and four blocks. Michael Frazier added 23 points, eight rebounds, five assists and two steals. Dakarai Tucker dropped 20 points where he went 6-10 in 3-pointers.
The Vipers continue on the road as they face off Stockton Kings on Tuesday, January 22. Tipoff will be at 9 p.m. (CST). For more information, contact the RGV Vipers at 956-56-ARENA or visit www.rgvipers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 20, 2019
- Vipers Defeat South Bay - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay's Comeback Falls Short in Loss to RGV - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Falls to Warriors - Oklahoma City Blue
- Drive Re-Acquire Lofton; Waive Kilgore - Grand Rapids Drive
- Warriors Defeat Blue 113-103 in Matinee Matchup of NBA G League's Best Records - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Pacers Sign Stephan Hicks to 10-Day Contract - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Jaylen Adams and Alex Poythress Transferred from Erie to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Austin Spurs Defeat Iowa Wolves 106-86 - Austin Spurs
- Raptors 905 Acquire Josh Adams - Raptors 905
- Clippers Run out of Gas, Fall to Kings - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Northern Arizona Rodeo Clowns beat Texas Legends 117-116 on Western Night - Northern Arizona Suns
- Suns Squeak Past Legends in Final Seconds - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.