San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have recalled forward Chimezie Metu and guard Lonnie Walker IV from the Austin Spurs of the NBA G League.
In 16 games with Austin, Metu is averaging 14.4 points, 7.4 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.50 blocks in 28.9 minutes. The first-year forward out of the University of Southern California is averaging 2.3 points and 1.4 rebounds in 5.5 minutes in 19 appearances this season with San Antonio.
Walker IV has seen action in 18 games with Austin, averaging 16.1 points, 2.8 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 27.1 minutes. The rookie guard out of the University of Miami has made one appearance for San Antonio, recording 3 points and 1 rebound in 5 minutes.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 20, 2019
- Vipers Defeat South Bay - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay's Comeback Falls Short in Loss to RGV - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Falls to Warriors - Oklahoma City Blue
- Drive Re-Acquire Lofton; Waive Kilgore - Grand Rapids Drive
- Warriors Defeat Blue 113-103 in Matinee Matchup of NBA G League's Best Records - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Pacers Sign Stephan Hicks to 10-Day Contract - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Jaylen Adams and Alex Poythress Transferred from Erie to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Austin Spurs Defeat Iowa Wolves 106-86 - Austin Spurs
- Raptors 905 Acquire Josh Adams - Raptors 905
- Clippers Run out of Gas, Fall to Kings - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Northern Arizona Rodeo Clowns beat Texas Legends 117-116 on Western Night - Northern Arizona Suns
- Suns Squeak Past Legends in Final Seconds - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.