Austin Spurs Defeat Iowa Wolves 106-86
?AUSTIN, Texas - The Austin Spurs (14-15), presented by SWBC, defeated the Iowa Wolves (9-20), 106-86, at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park Saturday evening during their annual Pink Night.
San Antonio Spurs assignee Lonnie Walker IV paced Spurs scoring with 21 points (9-15 FG). Two-way player Drew Eubanks notched his second double-double in a row with 16 points (8-12 FG) and 12 rebounds. Amida Brimah contributed a double-double of 11 points (5-9 FG) and 10 rebounds off of the bench, adding seven blocks to lock-down the defensive end.
The Silver and Black gained the edge early in the first quarter and would go on to hold the lead for the remainder of the contest. Strong shooting from the field extended the Spurs advantage, and a first half field goal percentage of 54.7 percent combined with 46.2 percent shooting from beyond the arc resulted in a 59-36 Spurs lead heading into the half.
The Spurs would continue to grow their advantage in the second half, pushing their lead to as many as 26 points. The Wolves cut into the Spurs lead in the fourth quarter, but were never able to reduce the deficit below double-digits.
For Iowa, Jared Terrell led the Wolves with 16 points. Marquise Moore added 16 points (8-11 FG) off of the bench.
?The Silver and Black will be in Frisco Wednesday, January 23 at 7:00 pm to take on the Texas Legends. For tickets, broadcasts, or the full season schedule, visit www.austinspurs.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 20, 2019
- Vipers Defeat South Bay - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay's Comeback Falls Short in Loss to RGV - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Falls to Warriors - Oklahoma City Blue
- Drive Re-Acquire Lofton; Waive Kilgore - Grand Rapids Drive
- Warriors Defeat Blue 113-103 in Matinee Matchup of NBA G League's Best Records - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Pacers Sign Stephan Hicks to 10-Day Contract - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Jaylen Adams and Alex Poythress Transferred from Erie to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Austin Spurs Defeat Iowa Wolves 106-86 - Austin Spurs
- Raptors 905 Acquire Josh Adams - Raptors 905
- Clippers Run out of Gas, Fall to Kings - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Northern Arizona Rodeo Clowns beat Texas Legends 117-116 on Western Night - Northern Arizona Suns
- Suns Squeak Past Legends in Final Seconds - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.