Utica Comets Reach Rare AHL Milestone
Utica, NY - The Utica Comets will become the second AHL franchise to reach 100 consecutive regular season sellouts with a full capacity crowd tonight at the Adirondack Bank Center at the Utica Memorial Auditorium.
In addition, the Comets continue the growing streak of sellout games with a current running total of 115 straight games.
The Comets are chasing the current AHL record for consecutive regular season home sellouts which is held by the St. John's IceCaps with 120 games, spanning October 10, 2011 to October 26, 2014.
In the 2017 offseason, a 26,000-square foot addition to the Adirondack Bank Center increased the seating capacity to 3,917. Previously in 2014, renovations were made to include a premium bar with a seating area and suite called the Zetlin's Lounge. This moved the seating capacity from 3,815 to 3,860.
This streak begins the third consecutive season the Comets fans have sold out the Adirondack Bank Center for all home games. To this point, a total of 27,419 fans walked through the doors to attend a Comets game during the season.
To purchase tickets to a game, fans are encouraged to utilize the ticket exchange via StubHub!
StubHub! is a fully-integrated platform that allows season and single-game ticket members to resell tickets with confidence and ease for free. The service also provides buyers a safe and secure shopping experience with instant tickets upon purchase via mobile delivery or print-at-home. StubHub! is the largest ticket marketplace with visibility to millions of people worldwide.
StubHub!'s wealth of data will also provide fans with the clearest pricing guidance and the most accurate recommendations to get the very best value. Every transaction is backed by StubHub!'s 100% money-back Fan Protect Guarantee and buyers and sellers will have access to exceptional 24/7 customer service. Download the StubHub!
App for greater ease of use and sell or purchase your ticket, right up until game time. Both buyers and sellers have the ability to set alerts based on specific criteria; anything from price to quantity can be noted, and users will receive notifications via email or app when the set criteria is met.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2018
- Vande Sompel, Gibson Added to AHL's All-Star Classic - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- NEWS Warren Foegele Added to AHL All-Star Classic - Charlotte Checkers
- Roster Changes Announced for 2018 AHL All-Star Classic - San Antonio Rampage
- Utica Comets Reach Rare AHL Milestone - Utica Comets
- Amerks Recall Atwal from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- MONSTERS RACE PAST ADMIRALS, 5-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- Condors Close Road Trip with Loss to Rockford - Bakersfield Condors
- WINNIPEG JETS BUILD AWARENESS FOR MENTAL WELLNESS - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Forwards Olivier Archambault, Stephen MacAulay - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks to Deliver Coffee and Donuts to Local Firehouses and Police - Rochester Americans
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Small Business Night February 9 - Syracuse Crunch
- UNDERGARMENTS WILL FLY FRIDAY & STAR WARS NIGHT SATURDAY - Bakersfield Condors
- HICKETTS AND TURGEON ASSIGNED TO GRAND RAPIDS - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canucks Reassign Forward Michael Chaput to the Comets - Utica Comets
- P-BRUINS WEEK IN REVIEW - Providence Bruins
- Phantoms Weekly News - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- SABRES RECALL TENNYSON FROM ROCHESTER - Rochester Americans
- The Bridgeport Report - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- LA Kings Kings Trade Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff to Columbus - Ontario Reign
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - Manitoba Moose
- Hogs Cap Trip with Points in 5 of 6 Games - Rockford IceHogs
- CLEVELAND MONSTERS: Blue Jackets Acquire Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff - Cleveland Monsters
- AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE ANNOUNCES SUSPENSIONS - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.