Hogs Cap Trip with Points in 5 of 6 Games
BACON BITS: The Rockford IceHogs extended their point streak to a season-high seven straight games prior dropping their final contest of a two-week road trip on Jan. 20. The Hogs went 4-0-1-2 during their point streak, including notching points in all but one tilt in their six-game road trip. Overall, Rockford is 22-16-2-3 on the season and ranked fourth in the Central Division.
The IceHogs enter the week with 475 total penalty minutes and ranked first in the league with just 10.02 penalty minutes per game this season...Rockford has also been charged with just five major penalties on the year, which ranks two fewer than any other team in the AHL...The Hogs finished with 41 major penalties in 76 games last season, but have amassed just five major penalties through the first 43 games this season.
Defenseman Adam Clendening has notched multi-point efforts in each of his last two games, tallying two assists on Friday at Cleveland and Saturday at Grand Rapids...Clendening has tallied points in three of five games with the IceHogs and totaled 101 assists in 190 career games with Rockford from 2012-15 and 2017-18...He enters the week ranked second all-time among IceHogs defenseman in assists and trails only Brian Connelly's 110 helpers for the all-time mark among team blueliners.
John Hayden currently boasts a three-game point streak and has notched a point in four of his first six games with Rockford...Hayden has scored goals in back-to-back games with a tally against Cleveland and Grand Rapids and has totaled four points (2g, 2a) over his current three-game point streak.
Tanner Kero has scored points in seven of the last eight games with four goals, five assists and a +5 rating since Jan. 6...Kero originally began his stint with Rockford with just three points over his first 10 games, but has since combined for nine points over those last eight contests.
Tyler Sikura finished the recent road trip with a goal and assist against Grand Rapids on Saturday...Sikura now ranks second in the AHL and leads all IceHogs skaters with nine goals over his last 13 games since Dec. 28.
UPCOMING GAMES: Friday, Jan. 26 | Ontario vs. Rockford (7 p.m.) Rockford hosts the Ontario Reign for Pink in the Rink on Friday night. The IceHogs will don Rockford Peaches jerseys for the event, and the sweaters will be auctioned off with proceeds benefitting breast cancer research. Saturday, Jan. 27 | Rockford at Grand Rapids (6 p.m.) The IceHogs hit the road for a matchup with reigning Calder Cup champion Grand Rapids Griffins at Van Andel Arena. Rockford is 6-2-0-0 in the series thus far in 2017-18.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2018
- Vande Sompel, Gibson Added to AHL's All-Star Classic - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- NEWS Warren Foegele Added to AHL All-Star Classic - Charlotte Checkers
- Roster Changes Announced for 2018 AHL All-Star Classic - San Antonio Rampage
- Utica Comets Reach Rare AHL Milestone - Utica Comets
- Amerks Recall Atwal from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- MONSTERS RACE PAST ADMIRALS, 5-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- Condors Close Road Trip with Loss to Rockford - Bakersfield Condors
- WINNIPEG JETS BUILD AWARENESS FOR MENTAL WELLNESS - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Forwards Olivier Archambault, Stephen MacAulay - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks to Deliver Coffee and Donuts to Local Firehouses and Police - Rochester Americans
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Small Business Night February 9 - Syracuse Crunch
- UNDERGARMENTS WILL FLY FRIDAY & STAR WARS NIGHT SATURDAY - Bakersfield Condors
- HICKETTS AND TURGEON ASSIGNED TO GRAND RAPIDS - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canucks Reassign Forward Michael Chaput to the Comets - Utica Comets
- P-BRUINS WEEK IN REVIEW - Providence Bruins
- Phantoms Weekly News - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- SABRES RECALL TENNYSON FROM ROCHESTER - Rochester Americans
- The Bridgeport Report - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- LA Kings Kings Trade Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff to Columbus - Ontario Reign
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - Manitoba Moose
- Hogs Cap Trip with Points in 5 of 6 Games - Rockford IceHogs
- CLEVELAND MONSTERS: Blue Jackets Acquire Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff - Cleveland Monsters
- AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE ANNOUNCES SUSPENSIONS - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Maksimovich, Noel Eye Adjustments as Development Camp Opens
- Win Cash, IceHogs Prizes at Anything That Floats Race on August 12
- IceHogs Announce 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule
- IceHogs Agree to Terms with Forward Brett Welychka
- IceHogs to Host Texas Stars in 2018-19 Home Opener Saturday, October 13