CLEVELAND MONSTERS: Blue Jackets Acquire Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Monsters, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Monday that the Blue Jackets acquired veteran goaltender Jeff Zatkoff via trade from the NHL's Los Angeles Kings in exchange for future considerations. A 6'2", 179 lb., left-handed native of Detroit, MI, Zatkoff, 30, was selected by the Kings in the third round (74th overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
In parts of four NHL seasons with the Pittsburgh Penguins and Los Angeles from 2013-17, Zatkoff posted a record of 18-21-4 with one shutout, a 2.72 goals-against average, and a .908 save percentage and helped the Penguins claim the 2016 Stanley Cup. In 208 career AHL appearances for the Manchester Monarchs, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, and Ontario Reign spanning parts of seven seasons from 2008-17, Zatkoff accumulated a record of 98-82-6 with 16 shutouts, a 2.45 goals-against average, and a .915 save percentage. In 37 ECHL appearances for Ontario during the 2008-09 campaign, Zatkoff supplied a record of 17-15-3 with a 2.97 goals-against average and a .915 save percentage.
Prior to his professional career, Zatkoff registered a 54-22-7 record with seven shutouts, a 1.96 goals-against average, and a .927 save percentage in 92 NCAA appearances for Miami (OH) University spanning three seasons from 2005-08. During the 2004-05 season, Zatkoff went 13-6-3 with one shutout, a 2.55 goals-against average, and a .914 save percentage for the USHL's Sioux City Musketeers. Zatkoff also helped Team USA claim the Bronze Medal at the 2007 IIHF U20 World Junior Championships.
The Cleveland Monsters are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League playing at Quicken Loans Arena and the Canton Charge of the NBA G League playing in nearby Canton, Ohio at the Canton Civic Center.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2018
- Vande Sompel, Gibson Added to AHL's All-Star Classic - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- NEWS Warren Foegele Added to AHL All-Star Classic - Charlotte Checkers
- Roster Changes Announced for 2018 AHL All-Star Classic - San Antonio Rampage
- Utica Comets Reach Rare AHL Milestone - Utica Comets
- Amerks Recall Atwal from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- MONSTERS RACE PAST ADMIRALS, 5-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- Condors Close Road Trip with Loss to Rockford - Bakersfield Condors
- WINNIPEG JETS BUILD AWARENESS FOR MENTAL WELLNESS - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Forwards Olivier Archambault, Stephen MacAulay - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks to Deliver Coffee and Donuts to Local Firehouses and Police - Rochester Americans
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Small Business Night February 9 - Syracuse Crunch
- UNDERGARMENTS WILL FLY FRIDAY & STAR WARS NIGHT SATURDAY - Bakersfield Condors
- HICKETTS AND TURGEON ASSIGNED TO GRAND RAPIDS - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canucks Reassign Forward Michael Chaput to the Comets - Utica Comets
- P-BRUINS WEEK IN REVIEW - Providence Bruins
- Phantoms Weekly News - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- SABRES RECALL TENNYSON FROM ROCHESTER - Rochester Americans
- The Bridgeport Report - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- LA Kings Kings Trade Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff to Columbus - Ontario Reign
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - Manitoba Moose
- Hogs Cap Trip with Points in 5 of 6 Games - Rockford IceHogs
- CLEVELAND MONSTERS: Blue Jackets Acquire Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff - Cleveland Monsters
- AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE ANNOUNCES SUSPENSIONS - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.