MONSTERS RACE PAST ADMIRALS, 5-0
Terry Broadhurst posts hat trick, Jeff Zatkoff dazzles with 27-save shutout in Cleveland debut.
MILWAUKEE, WI - The Cleveland Monsters, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, defeated the Milwaukee Admirals on Tuesday at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena in Milwaukee, WI by a final score of 5-0. With the win, Cleveland's first shutout victory of the season, the Monsters improved to 13-21-3-3 overall this year and with a .400 points percentage, remain alone in seventh place in the AHL's Central Division standings.
Cleveland jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period on Tuesday thanks an even-strength goal from Terry Broadhurst at 9:58, assisted by Miles Koules and Carter Camper, and a five-on-five Brett Gallant tally at 10:42, set up by Justin Scott.
The Monsters extended their lead to 3-0 in the middle stanza when Scott stole a puck at center ice and fired an unassisted short-handed marker past Admirals goaltender Anders Lindback at 16:14, before a Terry Broadhurst power-play goal at 18:17, courtesy of feeds from his younger brother Alex Broadhurst and Zac Dalpe, made it 4-0 Cleveland through two periods.
In the final frame, Terry Broadhurst struck again to cap the scoring for the evening with a hat-trick tally at 4:01, set up by Camper and Koules, to seal a 5-0 Monsters win. Broadhurst's hat-trick was the second by a Monsters player this year, as current Columbus Blue Jackets forward Tyler Motte previously achieved the feat on October 27th in a 7-4 home win over the Ontario Reign.
In his Monsters debut, goaltender Jeff Zatkoff improved to 1-0-0 in net this season by virtue of a 27-save performance while Milwaukee's Lindback stopped 12 of the 16 shots he faced through two periods of play to fall to 18-9-3 this season before Jake Paterson stopped nine of ten pucks he faced in relief in the final period of play for the Admirals.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Thursday home clash vs. the Iowa Wild with full coverage, live from The Q, underway at 7:00 pm on Alt 99.1 and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Full and partial season ticket memberships are on sale now and provide you with the best seat locations, custom member benefits and the lowest ticket prices starting at only $10 per game. Group outing and birthday bash packages for 10 or more people are also on sale now.
All tickets can be purchased by visiting ClevelandMonsters.com, calling (216) 420-0000, visiting The Q Box Office or any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart.
Images from this story
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2018
- Vande Sompel, Gibson Added to AHL's All-Star Classic - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- NEWS Warren Foegele Added to AHL All-Star Classic - Charlotte Checkers
- Roster Changes Announced for 2018 AHL All-Star Classic - San Antonio Rampage
- Utica Comets Reach Rare AHL Milestone - Utica Comets
- Amerks Recall Atwal from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- MONSTERS RACE PAST ADMIRALS, 5-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- Condors Close Road Trip with Loss to Rockford - Bakersfield Condors
- WINNIPEG JETS BUILD AWARENESS FOR MENTAL WELLNESS - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Forwards Olivier Archambault, Stephen MacAulay - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks to Deliver Coffee and Donuts to Local Firehouses and Police - Rochester Americans
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Small Business Night February 9 - Syracuse Crunch
- UNDERGARMENTS WILL FLY FRIDAY & STAR WARS NIGHT SATURDAY - Bakersfield Condors
- HICKETTS AND TURGEON ASSIGNED TO GRAND RAPIDS - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canucks Reassign Forward Michael Chaput to the Comets - Utica Comets
- P-BRUINS WEEK IN REVIEW - Providence Bruins
- Phantoms Weekly News - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- SABRES RECALL TENNYSON FROM ROCHESTER - Rochester Americans
- The Bridgeport Report - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- LA Kings Kings Trade Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff to Columbus - Ontario Reign
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - Manitoba Moose
- Hogs Cap Trip with Points in 5 of 6 Games - Rockford IceHogs
- CLEVELAND MONSTERS: Blue Jackets Acquire Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff - Cleveland Monsters
- AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE ANNOUNCES SUSPENSIONS - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Blue Jackets Acquire Center Ryan MacInnis from Arizona for Defenseman Jacob Graves, Conditional Sixth Round 2019 Pick
- Cleveland Monsters Release 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule
- Cleveland Monsters Return to Nautica Entertainment Complex August 4th
- Monsters Sign Brad Thiessen, Garret Cockerill to One-Year AHL Contracts
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Defenseman Tommy Cross to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract