Tribe Ladies Give Back
DIANAPOLIS - Spring means a lot things in Indy-Tribe baseball, racecars at IMS and much more. For the last two seasons in the Indianapolis Indians front office, spring has also meant building houses. On Thursday, April 25 and Wednesday, May 8, five Indians employees participated in Habitat for Humanity for Greater Indianapolis' Women Build.
The Women Build program recruits, educates, and encourages women to build and advocate for decent and affordable houses in their communities. Each Women Build home is funded and built by more than 350 women leaders and volunteers from central Indiana.
Women make up 50 percent of Habitat for Humanity International's volunteer force; yet often because of lack of training, they account for less than 15 percent of workers on the construction site. The Women Build program was established to encourage the involvement of women in the construction of Habitat homes.
In 2019, the Greater Indy Women Build program raised $165,901, surpassing its $130,000 goal. Kudos to the women leaders across central Indiana who participated, and especially the five Indians employees who volunteered this year.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 16, 2019
- Knights Complete Sweep with Extra-Inning Win - Rochester Red Wings
- IronPigs snap eight-game losing streak - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights Walk off to Finish Sweep with 3-2 Win - Charlotte Knights
- Stripers Smack Four Homers, Rout Buffalo 11-2 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Five-Run 2nd Inning Dooms Bulls - Durham Bulls
- Mets Power Past Bats with Five Home Runs in 12-3 Win - Syracuse Mets
- Gwinnett Powers Way to 11-2 Victory - Buffalo Bisons
- Bats Drop Series Finale in Syracuse, 12-3 - Louisville Bats
- Teoscar Hernandez Optioned to the Bisons - Buffalo Bisons
- Indy's Five-Game Win Streak Snapped by RailRiders - Indianapolis Indians
- Railriders Hold off Indians - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (17-22) at Syracuse Mets (22-16) - Louisville Bats
- Travis Leads PawSox to Comeback Victory - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Toledo's Bats Come up Short, Harold Castro Extends Hit Streak - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Gwinnett (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Broadway Fireworks on Saturday - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Tribe Ladies Give Back - Indianapolis Indians
- RailRiders Schedule Adjusted - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Homestand Highlights: Stripers Host First Xolos De Gwinnett Night, Ronald Acuna Jr. Bobblehead Giveaway - Gwinnett Stripers
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (20-16) vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (18-16) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.