RailRiders Schedule Adjusted
OSIC, PA. - After several postponements over the first quarter of the 2019 season, the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders upcoming schedule has been adjusted accordingly.
While on this current road trip, the RailRiders will make up their most recent postponement; this past Sunday at PNC Field against Toledo. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and Toledo will play a doubleheader on May 17, beginning at 6:05 p.m., at Fifth Third Field.
The RailRiders entire three-game series in Buffalo on April 19 and 20 was nearly washed out. After a rainout on April 19, the RailRiders and Bisons played two-plus innings of a doubleheader on April 20. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre will complete the suspended game on June 3 in Buffalo, starting at 5:35 p.m. and playing to seven innings, before playing a seven-inning contest for that night's scheduled game. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and Buffalo will play a single game on June 4, a doubleheader on June 5 starting at 5:35 p.m. and a single game on June 6. The third game of the April series in Buffalo will be made up as part of a doubleheader on June 27 at PNC Field with a 5:05 p.m. first pitch. Buffalo will serve as the home team for the second game of that twinbill.
The RailRiders April 28 game at PNC Field against the Syracuse Mets was postponed due to rain and will be made up on June 9. First pitch of that Sunday doubleheader is slated for 12:05 p.m. It will also be the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre's first of six dates as the "Vejigantes"; their Copa de la Diversión identity.
For more information and to view the updated schedule, please visit swbrailriders.com.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 16, 2019
- Knights Complete Sweep with Extra-Inning Win - Rochester Red Wings
- IronPigs snap eight-game losing streak - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights Walk off to Finish Sweep with 3-2 Win - Charlotte Knights
- Stripers Smack Four Homers, Rout Buffalo 11-2 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Five-Run 2nd Inning Dooms Bulls - Durham Bulls
- Mets Power Past Bats with Five Home Runs in 12-3 Win - Syracuse Mets
- Gwinnett Powers Way to 11-2 Victory - Buffalo Bisons
- Bats Drop Series Finale in Syracuse, 12-3 - Louisville Bats
- Teoscar Hernandez Optioned to the Bisons - Buffalo Bisons
- Indy's Five-Game Win Streak Snapped by RailRiders - Indianapolis Indians
- Railriders Hold off Indians - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (17-22) at Syracuse Mets (22-16) - Louisville Bats
- Travis Leads PawSox to Comeback Victory - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Toledo's Bats Come up Short, Harold Castro Extends Hit Streak - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Gwinnett (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Broadway Fireworks on Saturday - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Tribe Ladies Give Back - Indianapolis Indians
- RailRiders Schedule Adjusted - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Homestand Highlights: Stripers Host First Xolos De Gwinnett Night, Ronald Acuna Jr. Bobblehead Giveaway - Gwinnett Stripers
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (20-16) vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (18-16) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Stories
- Homers That Help Campaign During the Final Stretch
- RailRiders Close Regular Season with a Win
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - September 19, 2021
- Andújar Begins MLB Rehab Assignment with RailRiders
- SWB Takes Two from LHV