Timbers Broadcast Team Wins 2019 Northwest Regional Emmy Award
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Timbers broadcast team of Jake Zivin, Ross Smith and Nat Borchers won an Emmy Award in the Sports - Play by Play/Analyst category from the Northwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS), it was announced over the weekend at the 56th-annual Northwest Regional Emmy Awards Ceremony.
Joining the Timbers broadcast team, the field of nominees for the award in 2019 included announcers from a variety of Northwest teams, including the Portland Trail Blazers, Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Sounders FC.
Additionally, Timbers Soccer on ROOT SPORTS was nominated for an Emmy in the Sports Program - Live Event/Game category.
Notably, ROOT SPORTS' Patrick Brown, the director on Timbers television broadcasts, won an Emmy in the Director - Sports category.
The Northwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences serves television and media professionals in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 11, 2019
- Revolution Defeat New York Red Bulls, 3-2, After Extra Time in 2019 U.S. Open Cup 4th Round - New England Revolution
- Dynamo Kick off U.S. Open Cup Title Defense with 3-2 Win over Austin Bold FC - Houston Dynamo
- Atlanta United U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round Match at Charleston Battery Postponed - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Weekly Update: June 11, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo Sign Kyle Adams and Andrew Samuels to Short-Term Agreements - Houston Dynamo
- Reggie Cannon Added to U.S. Squad for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - FC Dallas
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Announced - MLS
- FC Dallas Acquires Forward Ricardo Pepi on Loan - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Hosts Lamar Hunt US Open Cup Bout against LAFC Tuesday at Rio Tinto Stadium - Real Salt Lake
- Us Open Cup Minnesota United FC vs. Sporting Kansas City Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City Opens Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Campaign at Memphis - Orlando City SC
- LAFC Announces Angel City Brewery as the Club'sofficial Craft Beer Partner - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Broadcast Team Wins 2019 Northwest Regional Emmy Award - Portland Timbers
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Begin Open Cup Defense against In-State Foe - Houston Dynamo
- New York Red Bulls Add Rece Buckmaster on Short-Term Agreement - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy to Host Watch Parties for Every U.S. Women's National Team World Cup Match - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes to Face La Liga Side Real Valladolid on July 16 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Micheal Azira Called up by Uganda for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations - Montreal Impact
- Heritage of Haitian Homegrowns Etienne and Herivaux Building Pride on and off the Field - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week Around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Finalize Purchase of Argentinian Midfielder TomÃs Conechny
- Timbers Register 2-1 Win on the Road against Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers, Orlando City SC Play to 1-1 Draw at Providence Park
- Timbers, Thorns FC, T2 Team up with Local Partners to Present Eighth-Annual Stand Together Week July 28-August 3
- Timbers Weekly Update: July 16, 2019