Tim McGauley Named 2nd Team All-ECHL
West Valley City, Utah - Utah Grizzlies forward Tim McGauley has been named second team all-ECHL for the 2019-2020 season.
During the season he won ECHL Player of the Month honors for December 2019 and January 2020. McGauley was the first player to win the Player of the Month award in back to back months since Florida's Mathieu Roy accomplished it in the 2012-13 season.
December was a month for the ages. McGauley, along with teammate Griffen Molino both had a +22 rating. That was the best plus-minus totals in a single month by league forwards in the 2010s decade.
On December 17th at Wichita, McGauley had had 6 assists and 7 points in an 8-2 win. The 6 assists and 7 point efforts each broke a single game franchise record. It was tied for second in points all time in a single contest.
McGauley was prominent in the league leaders page all season. He was tied for fourth with 42 assists and tied for seventh with 56 points. He led all forwards in plus-minus at +35. At the time of his final call-up to the AHL's Colorado Eagles on February 27th he had the league lead in assists and was second in points.
The Grizzlies would like to thank their fans for their support of the team all season long. For information and updates on the club, go to utahgrizzlies.com and follow the Grizzlies on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 3, 2020
- Alex Breton and Tyler Sheehy Named to All-ECHL First Team - Allen Americans
- Brady Ferguson Named to the All-ECHL Second Team - Newfoundland Growlers
- All-ECHL First and Second Teams Announced - ECHL
- D Eric Knodel Named to All-ECHL Second Team - Reading Royals
- Milner Named to All-ECHL Second Team - South Carolina Stingrays
- Schultz Named to All-ECHL Second Team - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Tim McGauley Named 2nd Team All-ECHL - Utah Grizzlies
- Kestner Lands on All-ECHL First Team - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.