Thunder Announces Three Separate Moves
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced three separate transactions today. Defenseman Jeremy Beaudry has been released from his PTO with the Condors and returned to Wichita. Goaltender Dylan Wells has been assigned by Edmonton to Wichita from Bakersfield. Forward Anthony Deluca has been placed on waivers.
Beaudry, 24, had an outstanding rookie season for the Thunder. A native of Montmagny, Quebec, the 5-foot-11, 192-pound defenseman finished with 37 points (13g, 24a) in 69 games. He finished tied for sixth in the ECHL for power play goals for a blueliner (6). Beaudry came to Wichita towards the end of the 2016-17 campaign and provided stability on the blue line. He appeared in 14 games that year, recording five points (1g, 4a).
Wells, 20, joined the Thunder at the end of last season. A native of St. Catharines, Ontario, the 6-foot-1, 185-pound netminder begins his first full season as a rookie after playing a four-year career for the Ontario Hockey League's Peterborough Petes. In 2016-17, he went 33-15-2 with a 3.07 goals-against average and a .916 save percentage. He was selected in the fifth round (#123) by the Edmonton Oilers in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft.
Opening Weekend is just days away. Join us for a pair of games to kick off the 2018-19 campaign as the Idaho Steelheads come to INTRUST Bank Arena on October 12th and followed by the Allen Americans on October 13th. Click here to buy tickets!
Season tickets for the 2018-19 campaign are on sale now. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 down per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 10, 2018
- Alternate Jersey, Hall of Fame Class Highlight 2018 State of the Team Event - Wheeling Nailers
- IceMen & SMG Combine Forces against Cancer - Jacksonville IceMen
- Thunder Announces Three Separate Moves - Wichita Thunder
- Rays Welcome Stanley Cup, Host Fan Fest on Opening Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- National Champion Thomas Assigned to Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Deal Struthers to Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Railers 2.0 Opening Night at the DCU Center Set for October 20 - Worcester Railers HC
- Mariners Add Three from AHL Laval - Maine Mariners
- Steelheads Add AHL Veteran Reid Petryk - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.