Steelheads Add AHL Veteran Reid Petryk
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads have agreed to terms with forward Reid Petryk on an ECHL contract for the 2018-19 season, Steelheads Head Coach and Director of Operations Neil Graham announced on Wednesday.
Petryk, 25, played 51 games with the AHL San Antonio Rampage during the 2017-18 season, tallying seven goals and six assists for 13 points with 16 penalty minutes. The Edmonton, Alb., native played four full seasons in the AHL between Lake Erie and San Antonio beginning in the 2014-15 season and also appeared in 26 games with the Fort Wayne Komets. In 231 professional games, the 6-foot-1, 200-pound forward owns 36 goals and 47 assists for 83 points with 86 penalty minutes. He was also a 2014 CHL Memorial Cup Champion and 2014 WHL Champion with the Edmonton Oil Kings as an alternate captain.
In separate transactions, the Steelheads have traded forward Michael Neville to the Florida Everblades for future considerations and released defenseman Scott Dornbrock and forward Tanner Froese ---- their ECHL contracts. The Steelheads opening night roster is expected to be announced on Thursday.
The Steelheads begin the 2018-19 regular season this Friday in Wichita against the Thunder.
The Steelheads open the 2018-19 home schedule at CenturyLink Arena on Friday, Oct. 19 at 7:10 p.m. against the Utah Grizzlies. Single-game tickets and season ticket packages are on sale, with full-season packages starting as low as $300 per seat. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 10, 2018
- Alternate Jersey, Hall of Fame Class Highlight 2018 State of the Team Event - Wheeling Nailers
- IceMen & SMG Combine Forces against Cancer - Jacksonville IceMen
- Thunder Announces Three Separate Moves - Wichita Thunder
- Rays Welcome Stanley Cup, Host Fan Fest on Opening Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- National Champion Thomas Assigned to Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Deal Struthers to Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Railers 2.0 Opening Night at the DCU Center Set for October 20 - Worcester Railers HC
- Mariners Add Three from AHL Laval - Maine Mariners
- Steelheads Add AHL Veteran Reid Petryk - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.