Mariners Add Three from AHL Laval
PORTLAND, ME - The Maine Mariners added three players from the AHL's Laval Rocket on Wednesday, bringing the roster to 23 players, just ahead of the 3:00 PM ET ECHL roster deadline. Forwards Antoine Waked and Morgan Adams-Moisan, along with defenseman Ryan Culkin have all joined the team.
Waked, a 22-year-old forward from Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Quebec played 63 games for the Rocket last season, scoring seven goals while adding four assists. Waked (6'1, 194 lbs) put up big numbers in the QMJHL in 2016-17, with 80 points in 67 games for the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies.
Adams-Moisan comes straight out of "the Q" after a 32 goal season for the Drummondville Voyagers. The 6'2 forward is a native of La Tuque, Quebec. He saw a huge increase in point production, from 12 points in 62 games in '16-17 to 61 in 68 last season.
Culkin is a 6'2, 201-pound defenseman from Montreal who has been a pro since 2014-15. He's had AHL time with the Adirondack Flames and Stockton Heat and ECHL stints in Adirondack and Fort Wayne. Appearing in 53 games with the Komets last season, Culkin scored 11 goals and chipped in 27 assists.
The Mariners roster currently carries 11 forwards, 9 defenseman, and 3 goaltenders. The final roster will be released tomorrow.
The Mariners, proud affiliate of the New York Rangers, will begin the regular season at Cross Insurance Arena on Saturday night against the Adirondack Thunder at 6:00 PM. The Mariners are members of the ECHL: the premier AA hockey league in the United States. Single game tickets are on sale now at www.MarinersOfMaine.com or by calling the Trusted Choice Box office at 207-775-3458. Fans interested in season tickets, groups, five game plans, or flex packs can call 833-GO-MAINE.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 10, 2018
- Alternate Jersey, Hall of Fame Class Highlight 2018 State of the Team Event - Wheeling Nailers
- IceMen & SMG Combine Forces against Cancer - Jacksonville IceMen
- Thunder Announces Three Separate Moves - Wichita Thunder
- Rays Welcome Stanley Cup, Host Fan Fest on Opening Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- National Champion Thomas Assigned to Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Deal Struthers to Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Railers 2.0 Opening Night at the DCU Center Set for October 20 - Worcester Railers HC
- Mariners Add Three from AHL Laval - Maine Mariners
- Steelheads Add AHL Veteran Reid Petryk - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Maine Mariners Stories
- Mariners Win Fourth in a Row, Sweep Admirals in Norfolk
- McNicholas Caps Three Point Night with OT Winner in Norfolk
- Melanson, Pratt Headed to Hartford
- Martin Completes Miraculous Mariners Comeback
- Mariners Back National Girls & Women in Sports Day Joint Resolution