National Champion Thomas Assigned to Oilers
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's St. Louis Blues, and Head Coach Rob Murray announced Wednesday that the Blues have assigned forward Jared Thomas from San Antonio to Tulsa.
The Oilers also released forwards Bobby Watson and Sam Wilbur from their standard player contracts. Tulsa's season-opening roster will be announced Thursday, consisting of 23 players.
Thomas, 24, signed his first pro contract with the American Hockey League's San Antonio Rampage in April after finishing his senior season with a National Championship at the University of Minnesota-Duluth. The Hermantown, MN native suited up for the St. Louis Blues' rookie team in the NHL prospects tournament in Traverse City, MI in September, and participated in the Blues' main camp.
Thomas compiled 60 points (21g, 39a) in 163 college games from 2014-18 for the Bulldogs, and was selected to the NCAA All-Tournament Team after UMD's 2-1 win over Notre Dame in the National Championship game in April.
The Oilers host the Idaho Steelheads to open the regular season this Saturday, October 13 at 7:05pm at the BOK Center. The two teams will complete Opening Weekend in Tulsa at 4:05pm Sunday, October 14, followed by a postgame skate for the fans with the Oilers players.
Images from this story
Forward Jared Thomas with the San Antonio Rampage
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 10, 2018
- Alternate Jersey, Hall of Fame Class Highlight 2018 State of the Team Event - Wheeling Nailers
- IceMen & SMG Combine Forces against Cancer - Jacksonville IceMen
- Thunder Announces Three Separate Moves - Wichita Thunder
- Rays Welcome Stanley Cup, Host Fan Fest on Opening Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- National Champion Thomas Assigned to Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Deal Struthers to Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Railers 2.0 Opening Night at the DCU Center Set for October 20 - Worcester Railers HC
- Mariners Add Three from AHL Laval - Maine Mariners
- Steelheads Add AHL Veteran Reid Petryk - Idaho Steelheads