Three Rockets Prospects Named to Team BC Canada Winter Games Roster
BC Hockey named their male U16 roster that will represent Team BC at the 2019 Canada Winter Games in Red Deer, Alberta from February 15th to March 3rd, 2019. The list includes three Rockets prospects; Trevor Wong, Elias Carmichael and Steel Quiring.
All three players were selected by the Rockets at this past June at the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft. Assistant General Manager/Director of Player Personnel, Lorne Frey says that the Rockets are ecstatic to see the trio receive invites.
"We're very pleased, they're good players," said Frey. "We're happy with the years that they've had so far, we're very excited for them. Wong has faced a little adversity this season. It's good for him to face some of that, we think it will help him grow. Carmichael is having a great season, he's a big young man that skates well with offensive ability. Steel has had a very good year, he was leading the team in scoring until he suffered an injury, but he is back now and looking good."
Wong was drafted in the first round, 18th overall after putting up 64 goals and 77 assists for 141 points in just 30 games with St. George's School Bantam Varsity (CSSBVHL). He also added five goals and 18 assists for 23 points in five postseason games. The 5'8, 135-pound centre, has 19 points (6G, 13A) and 21 penalty minutes in 20 games played with the Greater Vancouver Canadians (BCMML). He made his WHL debut with the Rockets on October 27th against the Prince George Cougars.
Carmichael, a 6'1, 181-pound defenseman was a second-round pick of the Rockets. Last season he had 19 points (2G, 17A) and 38 penalty minutes in 30 games played with the Burnaby Winter Club Bantam Prep (CSSBHL). This season has 13 points (3G, 10A) and ten penalty minutes in 19 games played with Burnaby Winter Club Prep (CSSHL).
Quiring was taken in the fifth round by the Rockets. Last season he had 40 points (17G, 23A) in 30 games played with the Okanagan Hockey Academy Bantam Prep team (CSSBHL). This season the 6'1, 181-pound defender has continued his offensive production putting up 24 points (9G, 15A) and 14 penalty minutes in 17 games played with the Okanagan Rockets (BCMML).
Team BC will begin their quest for gold at the 2019 Canada Winter Games on February 16th, 2019 against Manitoba.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2018
- Silvertips Prospect Defenseman Olen Zellweger Named to U16 Team Alberta for Canada Winter Games - Everett Silvertips
- Tigers Announce Roster Change Move - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Rockets Play Last Home Game before Christmas - Kelowna Rockets
- Ostapchuk, Sim to Represent Alberta at 2019 Canada Winter Games - Vancouver Giants
- SHDIC Alumni & Celebrity Classic - Swift Current Broncos
- Hausinger Surprised, But Pleased to be Back with Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- Rockets Acquire Swetlikoff - Kelowna Rockets
- Hockey Canada awards 2021 World Juniors to Edmonton and Red Deer - WHL
- Wheat Kings Host League Leading Raiders Friday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Calgary's Sheen Named Canada West WHL Graduate of the Month - WHL
- ICE Name Peyton Krebs 23rd Captain in Franchise History - Kootenay Ice
- Red Deer and Edmonton to Host 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship - Red Deer Rebels
- Sogaard Invited to Danish World Juniors Selection Camp - Medicine Hat Tigers
- 'Canes Top ICE in OT - Kootenay Ice
- Three Rockets Prospects Named to Team BC Canada Winter Games Roster - Kelowna Rockets
- Americans Make Late Comeback, Fall 3-2 in a Shootout to Rockets - Tri-City Americans
- Rockets Take Win in Shootout - Kelowna Rockets
- Patterson Debuts with Goal in Silvertips' Win - Everett Silvertips
- Royals Thwarted by Blazers - Victoria Royals
- Edmonton Soars past Pats - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.