The Home Depot Night Game Preview: Guelph Storm vs. Owen Sound Attack
The Guelph Storm take on the Owen Sound Attack on Friday January 18thfor their 6thmatchup of the season. Owen Sound is leading the season series with a record of 3-2-0-0, while Guelph enters the game with a head to head record of 2-3-0-0.
Entering Friday's game, The Guelph Storm are in 4th place in the Western Conference, while the Owen Sound Attack are right behind them in 5th place in the West. The Guelph Storm are heading into this weekend's games after a very impressive previous week of games which saw them beat the league's top teams in the London Knights, Niagara Ice Dogs and Ottawa 67's. While Owen Sound finished last week with a record of 1-1-1-0 after winning against the Kitchener Rangers on Wednesday January 9th before losing back to back games to Erie Otters last weekend.
Friday's game will also bring the return of former Attack players Nick Suzuki, Sean Durzi, Markus Phillips and Zachary Roberts. The 4 players have totalled 3 goals, 14 assists for 17 points since joining the Storm earlier this month.
Fans can purchase tickets either in-person at the Sleeman Centre Box Office, by calling (519) 837-9690 or online at ticketmaster.com here.
HEAD TO HEAD
2018-19 Regular Season
OS 1-2-0-0 GUE 2-1-0-0
2017-18 Regular Season
OS 3-4-0-1 GUE 5-2-1-0
Last Five Years
OS 18-13-0-4 GUE 17-14-3-1
Last Five Years At Owen Sound
OS 11-5-0-1 GUE 6-8-2-1
Last Five Years At Guelph
OS 7-8-0-3 GUE 11-6-1-0
LAST 5 GAMES
Owen Sound Guelph
Season Record 13-7-1-2 11-5-3-3
Last 10 Games 6-2-1-1 4-1-2-3
Streak 1-0-0-0 0-0-0-1
Last Game 0-0 T @ Kitchener (2019-01-20) Pre-Game 0-0 T vs Niagara (2019-01-20) Pre-Game
Home Record 10-2-0-2 8-1-1-1
Away Record 3-5-1-0 3-4-2-2
Goals For 90 84
Goals Against 81 74
Power Plays 19/80 (23.8%) 24/88 (27.3%)
Power Plays - Home 15/52 (28.8%) 14/45 (31.1%)
Power Plays - Away 4/28 (14.3%) 10/43 (23.3%)
Penalty Killing 14/76 (81.6%) 16/79 (79.7%)
Penalty Killing - Home 5/44 (88.6%) 9/37 (75.7%)
Penalty Killing - Away 9/32 (71.9%) 7/42 (83.3%)
Leading Rookie Wilson (3-5-8) Chayka (2-3-5)
Most Penalty Minutes Daylon Groulx Isaac Ratcliffe
Team PIM/GM 9.7/23 9.8/22
Players to Watch
Nick Suzuki has had an incredible career in the OHL thus far averaging well over a point-per-game since he entered the league in 2015. Since joining the Guelph Storm he has been on fire playing on the top line with Isaac Ratcliffe and MacKenzie Entwistle and has produced 1 goal and 7 assists for 8 points in 4 games with the Storm.
Barrett Kirwin will play against his former team for the first time in his career after playing 159 games for the Storm and producing 61 career points in that time. Barrett drafted by the Storm in the 6th round of the 2016 OHL Draft is a speedy hard working player that isn't afraid to into the corners and will be a valuable player for the Owen Sound Attack going forward.
The Storm will host the Niagara Ice Dogs at the Sleeman Centre on Sunday January 20th at 2:00pm and then will host the Owen Sound Attack at home on Friday January 25th at 7:30pm.
Fans can purchase tickets either in-person at the Sleeman Centre Box Office, by calling (519) 837-9690 or online at ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2019
- Steelheads Fill the Net - Mississauga Steelheads
- Wong Scores First as a Front, But Generals Win 6-1 - Kingston Frontenacs
- Petes Shut out by 67's in Ottawa - Peterborough Petes
- Big Crowd Sees Sting Stop Erie - Sarnia Sting
- DiPietro Sets Shutout Record as 67's Blank Petes 4-0 on Dunder Mifflin Night - Ottawa 67's
- Attack Fall to the Storm 5-2 in First Meeting Since Trade Deadline - Owen Sound Attack
- Rangers Put up 7 in a Win over the Spitfires - Kitchener Rangers
- Otters Fall Short 3-2 in Sarnia - Erie Otters
- 67's Set to Welcome Biggest Crowd of the Season - Ottawa 67's
- 'Hounds Defeat Troops - North Bay Battalion
- Petes Fall Short in Comeback Effort against Storm - Peterborough Petes
- The Home Depot Night Game Preview: Guelph Storm vs. Owen Sound Attack - Guelph Storm
- Colts Charge into the Weekend with 3-2 Victory over the Knights - Barrie Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.