The Away End: Orlando City SC with Luis Pineda
New York City Football Club host Orlando City SC at Citi Field on Wednesday.
For this edition of 'The Away End' presented by Berkeley College & Rennert International, we spoke to Luis Pineda, host of the Loud and Proud Orlando podcast.
Hi Luis, thanks for speaking with us. How long have you been covering the team?
I've been covering Orlando City since 2020.
What has been your highlight in that time?
The best highlight would be the night that Orlando City won the U.S Open Cup against Sacramento Republic. It was the first major title in the club's history and the first major trophy for the City of Orlando.
How would you evaluate their 2023 season so far?
So far I would say Orlando's 2023 season has been successful. I would say it began with a slow start at home with Coach Pareja's squad trying to find their best form. They have now extended their home unbeaten streak to 11 straight home matches and are unbeaten in their last five matches, earning victories in four of them.
What are your hopes for the team for the rest of the season?
Ending the regular season as high in the standings as possible and hopefully advance to the second round of the MLS playoffs.
What do you think will be the deciding factor in the game on Wednesday?
I think it's important that Orlando are more sound defensively and stay compact - especially against a team like NYCFC. I'd also say when the team is in transition Orlando's strikers need to finish their chances and not always look for an extra pass.
For any fans that might be in Orlando for a game in the near future, are there any pregame spots you suggest they check out?
I would suggest The Basement Orlando and Wall Street Plaza.
Sign-up for MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app - and never miss a moment of the 2023 season. Stream every regular-season, playoff, and Leagues Cup match. Every Screen. No Blackouts.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 20, 2023
- After Going Unbeaten in Four Road Matches, 'Caps Suffer Their First Defeat of the Extended Road Stretch - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- CF Montréal Draws FC Cincinnati, 1-1 - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Plays to 1-1 Draw Against New York Red Bulls - Austin FC
- Atlanta United Earns 1-1 Draw at D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City SC Clinch Playoff Berth in Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs - Orlando City SC
- Union Clinch Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Berth; Gazdag Scores 13th Goal of the Season - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 3-0 to Columbus Crew at Lower.com Field - Chicago Fire FC
- FC Cincinnati Score in Dying Minutes to Earn Point in Montréal - FC Cincinnati
- Full Time: Late Penalty Takes Points Away from Charlotte FC in Draw Against Philadelphia Union - Charlotte FC
- Inter Miami CF (4) - Toronto FC (0) Postgame Summary - Toronto FC
- NYCFC Gets Past Orlando City SC - New York City FC
- Sounders FC Travels to Face the Colorado Rapids Tonight in Midweek Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Host Minnesota United FC at Dignity Health Sports Park Tonight, Wednesday, September 20 - LA Galaxy
- Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Clinching and Elimination Scenarios - Matchday 33 (September 20) - MLS
- Rapids vs. Seattle Sounders FC Preview - Colorado Rapids
- Brandon Vazquez's Contributions Go Far Beyond Goal Scoring - FC Cincinnati
- Earthquakes Announce Watch Party Locations for Final Road Matches of the Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- Avocados from Mexico ® Partners with LA Galaxy - LA Galaxy
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Hispanic Heritage Commemorative Jersey Auction - Chicago Fire FC
- New York City Football Club Hosts 2023 Noche Latina Match - New York City FC
- The Away End: Orlando City SC with Luis Pineda - New York City FC
- Austin FC Signs Joe Hafferty to Short-Term Agreement - Austin FC
- Injury Report: Four Absent vs. Orlando City - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.