Austin FC Signs Joe Hafferty to Short-Term Agreement
Austin, TEXAS - Austin FC announced today that the Club has signed defender Joe Hafferty on a Short-Term Agreement from its MLS NEXT Pro affiliate Austin FC II. Hafferty will be available for selection for Austin's MLS match against New York Red Bulls on Wednesday, September 20 at Red Bull Arena.
Hafferty joined Austin FC II in March 2023 after spending his first two (2) professional seasons with Tacoma Defiance, making 32 total appearances. Originally from Renton, Washington, he spent time in the Seattle Sounders Academy before playing four (4) seasons of collegiate soccer at Oregon State, where he was named All Pac-12 First Team as a junior and senior.
With Austin FC II in 2023, Hafferty has played in all but one (1) of the team's 27 MLS NEXT Pro regular season matches to date, leading the team in tackles (35) and duels (217) while wearing the captain's armband. He has also contributed one (1) goal and one (1) assist.
Per the 2023 MLS Roster Rules and Regulations, a club may sign a player age 25 or younger from its MLS NEXT Pro affiliate to a maximum of four (4) Short-Term Agreements (up to four-day contracts) each season (a maximum of 16 total days). An individual player may be included on up to four (4) MLS league season match rosters each season - however, that player may appear in no more than two (2) MLS league season matches. An individual player may appear in any number of non-league games during the terms of his four (4) Short-Term Agreements.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 20, 2023
- After Going Unbeaten in Four Road Matches, 'Caps Suffer Their First Defeat of the Extended Road Stretch - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- CF Montréal Draws FC Cincinnati, 1-1 - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Plays to 1-1 Draw Against New York Red Bulls - Austin FC
- Atlanta United Earns 1-1 Draw at D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City SC Clinch Playoff Berth in Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs - Orlando City SC
- Union Clinch Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Berth; Gazdag Scores 13th Goal of the Season - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 3-0 to Columbus Crew at Lower.com Field - Chicago Fire FC
- FC Cincinnati Score in Dying Minutes to Earn Point in Montréal - FC Cincinnati
- Full Time: Late Penalty Takes Points Away from Charlotte FC in Draw Against Philadelphia Union - Charlotte FC
- Inter Miami CF (4) - Toronto FC (0) Postgame Summary - Toronto FC
- NYCFC Gets Past Orlando City SC - New York City FC
- Sounders FC Travels to Face the Colorado Rapids Tonight in Midweek Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Host Minnesota United FC at Dignity Health Sports Park Tonight, Wednesday, September 20 - LA Galaxy
- Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Clinching and Elimination Scenarios - Matchday 33 (September 20) - MLS
- Rapids vs. Seattle Sounders FC Preview - Colorado Rapids
- Brandon Vazquez's Contributions Go Far Beyond Goal Scoring - FC Cincinnati
- Earthquakes Announce Watch Party Locations for Final Road Matches of the Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- Avocados from Mexico ® Partners with LA Galaxy - LA Galaxy
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Hispanic Heritage Commemorative Jersey Auction - Chicago Fire FC
- New York City Football Club Hosts 2023 Noche Latina Match - New York City FC
- The Away End: Orlando City SC with Luis Pineda - New York City FC
- Austin FC Signs Joe Hafferty to Short-Term Agreement - Austin FC
- Injury Report: Four Absent vs. Orlando City - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin FC Stories
- Austin FC Signs Defender Brendan Hines-Ike
- Austin FC Announces Soccer Operations, Technical Staff Updates Ahead of 2024 Season
- Austin FC Signs Striker Diego Rubio
- Austin FC to Face CF Monterrey, Pumas UNAM in Leagues Cup 2024 Group Stage
- Austin FC Agrees to New Contract with Damian Las, Loans Las to Louisville City FC