Chicago Fire FC Announces Hispanic Heritage Commemorative Jersey Auction
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC today announced the launch of the Hispanic Heritage Commemorative Jersey Auction, with all proceeds benefitting the Chicago Fire Foundation's P.L.A.Y.S. (Participate, Learn, Achieve, Youth, Soccer) Program. The jerseys, which will be worn by Fire players during the Club's Sept. 23 Hispanic Heritage Night match versus the New England Revolution, and autographed post-match, feature limited-edition, specially designed numbers on the back of the jersey, in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month. The Auction opened this morning at 10:00 a.m. CT and will close at the end of halftime during the Sept. 23 match.
Designed in the Fire's red, white, and blue color scheme, the jerseys feature intricately designed numbers, with a motif consisting of florals, guitars, candles, sombreros, and crosses, inspired by the calaveras (skulls) of Día De Los Muertos. Widely observed in Mexico, Día De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is traditionally celebrated on November 1 and 2, in remembrance of friends and family members who have died; a holiday where mourning is exchanged for celebration. Día De Los Muertos is often recognized for its brightly and elaborately decorated calaveras - sugar skulls - placed as ofrendas - offerings - to loved ones. The Fire's Commemorative Jerseys have been designed to honor the City of Chicago's large Mexican population and their rich culture and heritage during Hispanic Heritage Month.
All proceeds from the Hispanic Heritage Commemorative Jersey Auction will benefit the Chicago Fire Foundation to support the organization's ongoing work in the Chicagoland community and will be used to support the Foundation's P.L.A.Y.S. Program. The Chicago Fire Foundation P.L.A.Y.S. Program is committed to enhancing the academic performance and development of key social and emotional (SEL) skills of elementary school students through a sports-based curriculum, curriculum, serving more than 1,200 youth annually. The P.L.A.Y.S. Program not only teaches soccer skills, but also explicitly teaches SEL (Social and Emotional Learning) traits and values such as emotional control, goal setting and attainment, cooperation and respect and communication and teamwork.
The Hispanic Heritage Commemorative Jersey Auction, officially launching today and running through the end of halftime during the Sept. 23 match, will feature jerseys from all First Team players. Fans can visit jersey.givesmart.com or text "jersey" to 76278 to place a bid or can visit the Chicago Fire Foundation's table located at Section 138 near the Midway Club during the Sept. 23 match, where Foundation staff will be onsite to assist in bidding. All payments will be processed through an online system - no cash, checks or onsite payments will be accepted. Winning bidders who will be present at the match will have the opportunity to have their jersey signed in-person by the corresponding player. Winning bidders who are unable to attend the match will have their autographed jersey mailed to them. For more information on the Hispanic Heritage Commemorative Jersey Auction, please click here.
The Fire return to the lakefront on Sept. 23 as the Club hosts the New England Revolution at Soldier Field at 7:30 p.m. CT. Join the Fire for the Club's annual Hispanic Heritage Night during the Sept. 23 match against New England. One of this season's most anticipated giveaways, the first 5,000 fans to enter Soldier Field will receive a Fire-themed Luchador Mask as part of the night's festivities! Be there as the Fire recognize the incredible contributions and rich culture of Chicago's Hispanic community. The match will be broadcast on Apple TV, transmitted locally on WLS-AM 890 in English and in Spanish on TUDN 1200 AM. Tickets for the Fire's Sept. 23 Hispanic Heritage Night match versus New England are available for purchase.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 20, 2023
- After Going Unbeaten in Four Road Matches, 'Caps Suffer Their First Defeat of the Extended Road Stretch - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- CF Montréal Draws FC Cincinnati, 1-1 - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Plays to 1-1 Draw Against New York Red Bulls - Austin FC
- Atlanta United Earns 1-1 Draw at D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City SC Clinch Playoff Berth in Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs - Orlando City SC
- Union Clinch Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Berth; Gazdag Scores 13th Goal of the Season - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 3-0 to Columbus Crew at Lower.com Field - Chicago Fire FC
- FC Cincinnati Score in Dying Minutes to Earn Point in Montréal - FC Cincinnati
- Full Time: Late Penalty Takes Points Away from Charlotte FC in Draw Against Philadelphia Union - Charlotte FC
- Inter Miami CF (4) - Toronto FC (0) Postgame Summary - Toronto FC
- NYCFC Gets Past Orlando City SC - New York City FC
- Sounders FC Travels to Face the Colorado Rapids Tonight in Midweek Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Host Minnesota United FC at Dignity Health Sports Park Tonight, Wednesday, September 20 - LA Galaxy
- Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Clinching and Elimination Scenarios - Matchday 33 (September 20) - MLS
- Rapids vs. Seattle Sounders FC Preview - Colorado Rapids
- Brandon Vazquez's Contributions Go Far Beyond Goal Scoring - FC Cincinnati
- Earthquakes Announce Watch Party Locations for Final Road Matches of the Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- Avocados from Mexico ® Partners with LA Galaxy - LA Galaxy
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Hispanic Heritage Commemorative Jersey Auction - Chicago Fire FC
- New York City Football Club Hosts 2023 Noche Latina Match - New York City FC
- The Away End: Orlando City SC with Luis Pineda - New York City FC
- Austin FC Signs Joe Hafferty to Short-Term Agreement - Austin FC
- Injury Report: Four Absent vs. Orlando City - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Names Frank Klopas Head Coach
- Magellan Corporation Named Official Partner of Chicago Fire FC
- Chicago Fire FC Announces 2023 Roster Decisions
- Chicago Fire FC Signs Midfielder Brian Gutiérrez to Homegrown U-22 Initiative Contract
- Chicago Fire FC Sporting Director Georg Heitz Signs Contract Extension