Avocados from Mexico ® Partners with LA Galaxy
LOS ANGELES - Avocados From Mexico® (AFM), the number one selling avocado brand in the U.S., along with the 5-Time MLS Cup Champion LA Galaxy and Dignity Health Sports Park (DHSP) in Carson, CA have partnered to bring exclusive new culinary experiences and flavors to fans. As part of the agreement, brokered by AEG Global Partnerships, Avocados From Mexico will become an official partner of both the LA Galaxy and the club's home stadium, Dignity Health Sports Park.
Additionally, the partnership includes the launch of new AvoEats by AFM branded concessions, which will bring innovative new avocado-infused menu items exclusively to DHSP. In addition to enhancing the overall culinary experience for fans, the new relationship provides AFM with increased brand awareness and deepens its ties to sports and live entertainment fans across Southern California. The deal also marks AFM's first partnership with an MLS team and the first-ever AvoEats by AFM concession stand to debut at an MLS venue.
"Avocados From Mexico make everything better, and we are thrilled to partner with the LA Galaxy and Dignity Health Sports Park to introduce AvoEats to soccer fans," said Stephanie Bazan, Senior Vice President, Commercial Strategy and Execution for Avocados From Mexico. "We know 77% of consumers prefer fresh avocados1, so we're confident that fans will love our fresh take on stadium fare made with Avocados From Mexico as they enjoy a match."
To kick-off the partnership, the new AvoEats by AFM concession stand will officially debut at tonight's highly anticipated LA Galaxy vs. Minnesota United FC match at DHSP. Located conveniently on the east side of the venue's main concourse, the concession stand will provide fans with a special selection of new dishes to choose from, all crafted with the freshest Avocados From Mexico. From savory to sweet, fans in attendance can expect to enjoy unique avocado-inspired menu items that cater to a wide range of tastes including a variety of elevated takes on classic stadium eats.
Levy Restaurants, the exclusive concessionaire of DHSP, and AFM worked together to curate each of the new signature dishes. Fans visiting the AvoEats by AFM concession stand will get to choose from a variety of items like fresh chips, salsa and Avocados From Mexico guacamole, as well as a new "Nacho Quesadilla," and "Carne Asada Pizza" both of which come topped with avocado Tajín aioli, pico de gallo and Avocados From Mexico guacamole. The menu also includes a special new "Elote Cone," made out of a salted blue corn waffle cone, filled with avocado Tajín aioli and tossed charred elote corn, topped off with cotija cheese and Avocados From Mexico guacamole. Levy Restaurants and AFM will continue to collaborate over the course of the relationship to deliver one-of-a-kind new culinary items for fans to indulge in, including a diverse array of options that showcase the versatility and distinct flavor of fresh avocados.
"We're delighted to be teaming up with Avocados From Mexico to provide our fans with exciting newculinary offerings," said Matthew Lindblom, Executive Chef at Dignity Health Sports Park. "We've meticulously curated unique, new menu items that not only incorporate avocados as the star ingredient, but also reflect a wide range of elevated flavor profiles, many of which are influenced by the unique cuisine of Mexico. Our fans are in for a real treat with these mouthwatering new dishes, all of which are set to enhance the over-all game-day atmosphere and add to the flavorscape of our venue just in time for September, which launches Hispanic Heritage month."
The arrival of AvoEats by AFM at DHSP is well positioned to cater to the evolving culinary preferences of game goers. Mexican avocados currently represent more than 80 percent of all avocados consumed in the U.S.2 and the fruit is still growing in popularity as consumers are becoming increasingly health conscious. This is especially true of sports fans, many of whom are seeking out stadium fare that is both healthy and delicious, making this partnership an ideal match.
"We are excited to partner with Avocados From Mexico to bring exclusive new culinary experiences and flavors to LA Galaxy fans at Dignity Health Sports Park," said Tom Braun, President of Business Operations and Chief Operating Officer of the LA Galaxy. "We look forward to introducing our guests to these delectable new dishes, all of which will help us take the game-day experience to new heights for the thousands of Galaxy fans we entertain each year at our matches."
"Avocados From Mexico's dedication to quality and innovation aligns perfectly with our commitment to providing our guests with exceptional moments both on and off the field," said Katie Pandolfo, General Manager of Dignity Health Sports Park. "We recognize that many people today are making more conscious decisions when it comes to the food they eat, so we're excited to be able to provide our visitors with healthier options that don't compromise on flavor."
Avocados From Mexico are imported from Michoacán, Mexico, an area of the country that provides the ideal weather to grow avocados as a result of the nutrient-rich volcanic soil and timely rainfall. Due to their unique regional climate, Avocados From Mexico are available in the U.S. year-round, ensuring that fans at DHSP will have access to fresh, always-in season avocados throughout the winter, spring, summer and fall. AvoEats by AFM at DHSP is the newest concession stand opened by Avocados From Mexico, joining avocado-centric concessions in Dallas, Miami, New York, Boston and Green Bay and underscoring the brand's commitment to the growth of professional sports.
"We are proud to welcome Avocados From Mexico to DHSP and we look forward to introducing LA Galaxy fans to their fresh avocados," said Rashid Dadashi, Director, AEG Global Partnerships. "Partnering with this best-in-class brand is a fantastic opportunity to showcase our mutual commitment to excellence, and we are confident the new AvoEats by AFM concessions will help us deliver next-level culinary experiences that elevate the excitement of each match day and live entertainment event held at the venue."
2 Hass Avocado Board volume data
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 20, 2023
- After Going Unbeaten in Four Road Matches, 'Caps Suffer Their First Defeat of the Extended Road Stretch - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- CF Montréal Draws FC Cincinnati, 1-1 - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Plays to 1-1 Draw Against New York Red Bulls - Austin FC
- Atlanta United Earns 1-1 Draw at D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City SC Clinch Playoff Berth in Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs - Orlando City SC
- Union Clinch Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Berth; Gazdag Scores 13th Goal of the Season - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 3-0 to Columbus Crew at Lower.com Field - Chicago Fire FC
- FC Cincinnati Score in Dying Minutes to Earn Point in Montréal - FC Cincinnati
- Full Time: Late Penalty Takes Points Away from Charlotte FC in Draw Against Philadelphia Union - Charlotte FC
- Inter Miami CF (4) - Toronto FC (0) Postgame Summary - Toronto FC
- NYCFC Gets Past Orlando City SC - New York City FC
- Sounders FC Travels to Face the Colorado Rapids Tonight in Midweek Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Host Minnesota United FC at Dignity Health Sports Park Tonight, Wednesday, September 20 - LA Galaxy
- Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Clinching and Elimination Scenarios - Matchday 33 (September 20) - MLS
- Rapids vs. Seattle Sounders FC Preview - Colorado Rapids
- Brandon Vazquez's Contributions Go Far Beyond Goal Scoring - FC Cincinnati
- Earthquakes Announce Watch Party Locations for Final Road Matches of the Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- Avocados from Mexico ® Partners with LA Galaxy - LA Galaxy
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Hispanic Heritage Commemorative Jersey Auction - Chicago Fire FC
- New York City Football Club Hosts 2023 Noche Latina Match - New York City FC
- The Away End: Orlando City SC with Luis Pineda - New York City FC
- Austin FC Signs Joe Hafferty to Short-Term Agreement - Austin FC
- Injury Report: Four Absent vs. Orlando City - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- Delgado Appeal Successful
- LA Galaxy Earn 1-1 Draw Against Inter Miami CF Before Regular-Season Record Attendance of 27,642 Fans at Dignity Health Sports Park on Sunday Night
- LA Galaxy Play Host to Inter Miami CF at Dignity Health Sports Park Tonight, Sunday, February 25
- LA Galaxy Announce Roster Ahead of 2024 MLS Regular-Season Opener
- LA Galaxy Sign 2024 MLS SuperDraft Pick Tucker Lepley