Texas Stars Announce Opening Round Schedule for Calder Cup Playoffs
CEDAR PARK, Center - The Texas Stars, American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, announced Thursday the schedule for their opening round, best-of-five series against the San Diego Gulls. Tickets are on sale now for the Stars' two home games of the series.
Date: Time: Game: Location:
Thursday, April 21 7:30 p.m. CST Game 1 vs. San Diego Cedar Park Center
Saturday, April 23 7 p.m. CST Game 2 vs. San Diego Cedar Park Center
Thursday, April 28 9:05 p.m. CST Game 3 at San Diego Valley View Casino Center
Friday, April 29 9:05 p.m. CST Game 4 at San Diego (if necessary) Valley View Casino Center
Monday, May 2 9:05 p.m. CST Game 5 at San Diego (if necessary) Valley View Casino Center
All Texas Stars playoff games will be broadcast through the team's website, TexasStars.com, and free mobile app for iPhone and Android devices. Games can also be viewed online at AHLLive.com.
All home playoff games will be a Texas Lottery Lucky Row Night where the first Stars player to score will win free scratch-off tickets for a lucky row of fans at Cedar Park Center, courtesy of the Texas Lottery.
Thursday's game will be an H-E-B Night with the Stars where fans can donate an H-E-B-branded, non-perishable food item at the box office for a $5 discount off their ticket purchase. Saturday's game features Coke Zero Family Four-Packs where fans can purchase four tickets, four hot dogs and four soft drinks starting at $16 per person, courtesy of Coke Zero.
The opening round series marks the sixth time the Stars will participate in postseason play in their seven-year existence as an AHL franchise. During that time, Texas has reached the Calder Cup Finals twice (2010, 2014) and won the AHL's Calder Cup in 2014. The opening round of the Calder Cup Playoffs is decided in a best-of-five format. All other playoff matchups in the following rounds will be determined in a best-of-seven series.
Texas was 5-1-0-0 in six regular season matchups against the Gulls, including winning all three road meetings. The winner of the series will go on to face the winner of the opening round series between the Ontario Reign and the Charlotte Checkers or San Jose Barracuda.
This year will also be the 13th consecutive trip to the postseason, and second at the AHL level, in the career of Stars head coach Derek Laxdal.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars and currently in their seventh season at Cedar Park Center. Full season, 24-game and 12-game ticket packages for the 2016-17 campaign are on sale now. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 14, 2016
- Admirals Set First Two Home Playoff Games - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Clinch Home Ice with Thrilling Win over Checkers - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers' Comeback Bid Falls Short in Lake Erie - Charlotte Checkers
- Blackhawks Extend Ted Dent's Contract - Rockford IceHogs
- Alex Belzile Reassigned to Fort Wayne - San Antonio Rampage
- Texas Stars Announce Opening Round Schedule for Calder Cup Playoffs - Texas Stars
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Announce Food Exchange Night this Saturday - Springfield Falcons
- Mikko Rantanen and Frank Vatrano Share AHL Outstanding Rookie Award - San Antonio Rampage
- San Antonio's Rantanen, Providence's Vatrano Share Award as AHL's Outstanding Rookie - AHL
- IceCaps to Celebrate Sport NL Hall-Of-Fame - St. John's IceCaps
- Iowa Signs Adam Gilmour to ATO - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Playoff Tickets on Sale Saturday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Goaltender Jack Flinn Joins Reign - Ontario Reign
- Rangers Recall Magnus Hellberg from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Announce Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- Motte's Late Strike Lifts IceHogs to 2-1 Win in Iowa - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Outshine Stars in Overtime 6-5 - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Stars Stories
- Stars Announce Preseason Schedule with Rampage
- Texas Stars Sign Defenseman Tanner Jago and Center Anthony Nellis
- Stars Release Full 2019-20 Season Schedule
- Stars Sign Defenseman Dillon Heatherington to One-Year, Two-Way Contract
- Stars to Host Roadrunners for Home Opener