Iowa Signs Adam Gilmour to ATO
DES MOINES, IA- Iowa Wild General Manager Brent Flahr announced on Thursday the American Hockey League (AHL) club has signed forward Adam Gilmour to an Amateur Tryout Agreement (ATO).
Gilmour, a fourth-round pick of the Minnesota Wild in the 2012 NHL Draft, turns pro after completing his junior season at Boston College. The 6-foot-3 center played the past three seasons for the Eagles. He helped the Eagles to three straight NCAA tournament appearances, including two trips to the Frozen Four. Gilmour scored a career high 12 goals in his junior season, adding 14 assists for 26 points in his final season. In his sophomore season, he experienced a career high 18 assists and 27 points, finishing second on the team in scoring. The Massachusetts native was an ironman for the Eagles, playing in 119 consecutive games for Boston College over the last three years. Gilmour scored 28 goals and added 45 assists for 73 career points. Before his collegiate career Gilmour played for the Muskegon Lumberjacks in the USHL, scoring 19 goals and 28 assists for a team-leading 47 points.
Iowa's final home game of the season takes place on Friday, Apr. 15 at 7 p.m. against the Chicago Wolves. The Iowa Wild extends its gratitude and thanks with "Fan Appreciation Night". The first 2,500 fans to the game receive an Iowa Wild team poster sponsored by Renaissance Savery Hotel, Prairie Life Fitness, Edwards, GuideOne Insurance, and Country 96.5. Friday also includes $2 beer night presented by 100.3 The Bus. The "Bring Your Buds Bundle" ticket package is available for purchase, including one ticket, one 16 oz. Bud or Bud Light at the game, one hotdog, one popcorn, $1 off Budweiser or Bud Light 25 oz. can during the Wild game, and one free beer at Carl's Place. The Wild finishes its season in Chicago on Saturday, Apr. 16.
Fans may purchase single-game tickets multiple ways, either through the team's website - www.Iowawild.com , the Wells Fargo Arena box office or participating Hy-Vee food stores. Tickets are available online at www.Iowawild.com under the single game tickets tab. The Wells Fargo Arena box office is open Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and closed on Sunday. For Saturday game days, the box office will open at 10 a.m. For Sunday game days the box office will open at 12 p.m. Fans may also purchase tickets by calling 1-844-55-HYVEE or by visiting participating Hy-Vee food stores locations in the greater Des Moines area. Those interested may also visit www.hy-veetix.com. Fans interested in buying full season, or smaller season packages may call the Iowa Wild front office at 515-564-8700.
The Iowa Wild 2016-17 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center, it runs from October through April. Fans may purchase seats to see any of the team's 38 regular season home games at Wells Fargo Arena. Season tickets to see the Wild play its 2016-17 season at Wells Fargo Arena start at just $9 per game. For more information on tickets, including ticket plans and group seating, please contact the Wild ticket office by calling 515-564-8700 or go to www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 14, 2016
- Admirals Set First Two Home Playoff Games - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Clinch Home Ice with Thrilling Win over Checkers - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers' Comeback Bid Falls Short in Lake Erie - Charlotte Checkers
- Blackhawks Extend Ted Dent's Contract - Rockford IceHogs
- Alex Belzile Reassigned to Fort Wayne - San Antonio Rampage
- Texas Stars Announce Opening Round Schedule for Calder Cup Playoffs - Texas Stars
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Announce Food Exchange Night this Saturday - Springfield Falcons
- Mikko Rantanen and Frank Vatrano Share AHL Outstanding Rookie Award - San Antonio Rampage
- San Antonio's Rantanen, Providence's Vatrano Share Award as AHL's Outstanding Rookie - AHL
- IceCaps to Celebrate Sport NL Hall-Of-Fame - St. John's IceCaps
- Iowa Signs Adam Gilmour to ATO - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Playoff Tickets on Sale Saturday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Goaltender Jack Flinn Joins Reign - Ontario Reign
- Rangers Recall Magnus Hellberg from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Announce Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- Motte's Late Strike Lifts IceHogs to 2-1 Win in Iowa - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Outshine Stars in Overtime 6-5 - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wild Stories
- Minnesota Wild Re-Signs Defenseman Carson Soucy to One-Year, Two-Way Contract
- Iowa Wild Signs Four to Contracts
- Iowa Wild Announces Full 2019-20 Schedule
- Iowa Wild Announces 2019-20 Home Opener
- Iowa Wild Wins Five Awards, Including Team of the Year, at AHL Board of Governors Meeting