Blackhawks Extend Ted Dent's Contract
Chicago, Ill. - The Chicago Blackhawks announced today a three-year contract extension for Ted Dent, Head Coach of the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs, which runs through the end of the 2018-19 season.
Dent is in his fifth season as Head Coach of the IceHogs and his 10th overall campaign as a coach for the Blackhawks' AHL affiliate, which includes nine seasons in Rockford. During his first five seasons as Head Coach of the IceHogs, Dent has helped guide the club to a 196-140-24-18 record and is the franchise's all-time leader in games coached (378) and wins. The team, which clinched a 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs berth on April 6, returned to the playoffs in 2015, sweeping the defending Calder Cup Champion Texas Stars in three games in the first round before falling to the Grand Rapids Griffins in the second round. Dent has been instrumental in helping develop dozens of players who have been called up from Rockford to Chicago during the past nine seasons.
Next Home Game: Friday, April 15, 2016 vs. Grand Rapids Griffins at 7 p.m. The first 1,000 fans will receive an IceHogs beach towel courtesy of Peak Fitness. Fans 21-and-older can get their weekend started early on another Blues Flame Friday as drink specials and appetizers will be available at the Blue Flame Lounge starting at 5:15 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 14, 2016
- Admirals Set First Two Home Playoff Games - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Clinch Home Ice with Thrilling Win over Checkers - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers' Comeback Bid Falls Short in Lake Erie - Charlotte Checkers
- Blackhawks Extend Ted Dent's Contract - Rockford IceHogs
- Alex Belzile Reassigned to Fort Wayne - San Antonio Rampage
- Texas Stars Announce Opening Round Schedule for Calder Cup Playoffs - Texas Stars
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Announce Food Exchange Night this Saturday - Springfield Falcons
- Mikko Rantanen and Frank Vatrano Share AHL Outstanding Rookie Award - San Antonio Rampage
- San Antonio's Rantanen, Providence's Vatrano Share Award as AHL's Outstanding Rookie - AHL
- IceCaps to Celebrate Sport NL Hall-Of-Fame - St. John's IceCaps
- Iowa Signs Adam Gilmour to ATO - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Playoff Tickets on Sale Saturday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Goaltender Jack Flinn Joins Reign - Ontario Reign
- Rangers Recall Magnus Hellberg from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Announce Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- Motte's Late Strike Lifts IceHogs to 2-1 Win in Iowa - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Outshine Stars in Overtime 6-5 - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Visit IceHogs at Fred VanVleet Fest this Friday
- Rockford IceHogs Release 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule
- IceHogs Open Home Schedule vs. Griffins, $5 Opening Night Tickets
- IceHogs Agree to Terms with Tyler Sikura
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Dylan Sikura and John Quenneville