Tarry Cup champions set destination Colonial Cup Friday
Kalamazoo, MI- The Kalamazoo Wings, proud members of the United Hockey League, announce the schedule for their Round One Colonial Cup Playoff match-up against the Motor City Mechanics.
Kalamazoo's "Destination: Colonial Cup" will begin this Friday, April 21st, as the K-Wings host the Mechanics at Wings Stadium for a 7:30 p.m. face-off.
All fans that attend Friday's night Game One will receive a special offer, as the red, white and blue of Pepsi have teamed up with the red, white and blue of the K-Wings to give fans a FREE CASE (24 bottle package) of Aquafina Bottled Water. Also fans that attend Game One will receive a FREE Rally Towel courtesy of Mark Maurer-Mortgage Consultant, McDonalds, and United Kennel Club.
Game two of the series will also be played at Wings Stadium on Saturday (4/22) at 7:30 p.m. The following is a breakdown of dates for the K-Wings first round match-up against the Mechanics:
Friday, April 21st Vs Motor City 7:30 PM (Colonial Cup Playoffs: Round One, Game One)
Saturday, April 22nd Vs Motor City 7:30 PM (Colonial Cup Playoffs: Round One, Game Two)
Sunday, April 23rd @ Motor City 5:00 PM (Colonial Cup Playoffs: Round One, Game Three)
Wednesday, April 26th @ Motor City 7:30 PM (Colonial Cup Playoffs: Round One, Game Four)
*Saturday, April 29 Vs Motor City 7:30 PM (Colonial Cup Playoffs: Round One, Game Five)
*Monday, May 1st @ Motor City 7:30 PM (Colonial Cup Playoffs: Round One, Game Six)
*Tuesday, May 2nd Vs Motor City 7:00 PM (Colonial Cup Playoffs: Round One Game Seven)
(* Denotes Games that Will Only Be Played If Necessary)
Fans can purchase either Playoff Strip Packages or Individual Game Tickets for the "K-Wings' Destination: Colonial Cup"
Playoff Strip Packages range from $108 (Blue Area)-$168(Red Area). Single game tickets for the playoffs, which are on-sale for only Round One, range from $9 (Blue Area)-$14 (Red Area). Tickets for kids ages 12 and under will be $7. Just like in the regular season ticket prices, fans that purchase their tickets before the day of the game will save the fifty-cents per ticket surcharge added on to regular ticket prices.
Tickets for the playoffs are available by calling the Wings Stadium Ticket Office at (269) 345-5101, or stopping by during regular business hours of 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday or on Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Fans can also order "E-Tickets" online through www.ticketmaster.com.
This will be the third consecutive season that the K-Wings will make a postseason appearance. Besides the past three seasons, the K-Wings have made one other appearance in their UHL history in the playoffs. Back in the 2000-01 season, the K-Wings lost in a one game Wild Card playoff in Muskegon.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from April 17, 2006
- Kalamazoo Wings capture Tarry Cup - IHL 2
- Komet's Kurk UHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Kalamazoo Wings week in review - Kalamazoo Wings
- Tarry Cup champions set destination Colonial Cup Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Hogs announce first round playoff schedule - Rockford IceHogs
- Komets face Hogs in first round - Fort Wayne Komets
- Richmond's Oliveira and Fort Wayne's Kurk earn weekly honors - IHL 2
- Mallards Headed to Danbury to Begin Playoffs - Quad City Mallards
- Mechanics clinch first playoff berth - Motor City Mechanics
- Afr Announces New General Manager For Team and Arena - Elmira Jackals
- Generals announce press conference - Flint Generals
- Fury announce first round playoff schedule - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- First Round Playoff Dates are set - Motor City Mechanics
- Mallards and Trashers Set First Round Schedule - Quad City Mallards
- Trashers begin playoffs Friday at home - Danbury Trashers
- Trashers host Quad City Friday and Saturday - Danbury Trashers
- Rockford closes out regular season taking three of four points - Rockford IceHogs
- Frostbite Open Playoffs on Friday - Adirondack Frostbite
- Adirondack Frostbite Weekly - Adirondack Frostbite
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.