Trashers begin playoffs Friday at home
DANBURY, CT-The Danbury Trashers, proud members of the United Hockey League (UHL), finished their regular season last weekend and will host the Quad City Mallards this Friday and Saturday in their first two games of the Colonial Cup Playoffs. The Eastern Division Champions locked up the number two seed in the opening round with Saturday's 7-5 win at Roanoke and concluded the regular season with a 48-17-11 record for 105 points.
Friday and Saturday's games will start at 7:30pm at the Danbury Ice Arena and the first 500 fans at each game will receive a Danbury Trashers t-shirt courtesy of the Danbury Trashers.
DANBURY TRASHERS OPENING ROUND PLAYOFF SCHEDULE
Friday April 21st vs. Quad City at DANBURY ICE ARENA 7:30pm
Saturday April 22nd vs. Quad City at DANBURY ICE ARENA 7:30pm
Wednesday April 26th vs. Quad City at THE MARK OF THE QUAD CITIES 8:00pm
Friday April 28th vs. Quad City at THE MARK OF THE QUAD CITIES 8:00pm
Saturday April 29th vs. Quad City at THE MARK OF THE QUAD CITIES 8:00pm (if necessary)
Monday May 1st vs. Quad City at DANBURY ICE ARENA 7:00pm (if necessary)
Tuesday May 2nd vs. Quad City at DANBURY ICE ARENA 7:00pm (if necessary)
To Purchase Tickets (All Playoff Tickets are $20):
In Person: Danbury Ice Arena (Open Mon-Sat. from 10a-5p and from 10a-end of game on game nights)
Phone: 866-565-7825, ext. 116
Season tickets for the 2006-07 campaign are also currently on sale starting on Wednesday at 10am. Season tickets are priced at a special discount of $494 ($13/game reserved) and $570 ($15/game premium) when purchased prior to August 31st. Purchasing season tickets now also allows fans to buy the entire run of 2006 Colonial Cup Playoff games (12 total). Any portion of non-played playoff games will be used towards their balance on next year's season tickets.
All Danbury Trashers games are broadcast live on AM 940/1510 ESPN Radio with the "Voice of the Trashers" Phil Giubileo. Fans can also listen online at DanburyTrashers.com and purchase the live broadcast video feed for $6.00 courtesy of B2 Communications. The Trashers are Danbury's first and only professional sports franchise. For more information, visit DanburyTrashers.com.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from April 17, 2006
- Kalamazoo Wings capture Tarry Cup - IHL 2
- Komet's Kurk UHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Kalamazoo Wings week in review - Kalamazoo Wings
- Tarry Cup champions set destination Colonial Cup Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Hogs announce first round playoff schedule - Rockford IceHogs
- Komets face Hogs in first round - Fort Wayne Komets
- Richmond's Oliveira and Fort Wayne's Kurk earn weekly honors - IHL 2
- Mallards Headed to Danbury to Begin Playoffs - Quad City Mallards
- Mechanics clinch first playoff berth - Motor City Mechanics
- Afr Announces New General Manager For Team and Arena - Elmira Jackals
- Generals announce press conference - Flint Generals
- Fury announce first round playoff schedule - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- First Round Playoff Dates are set - Motor City Mechanics
- Mallards and Trashers Set First Round Schedule - Quad City Mallards
- Trashers begin playoffs Friday at home - Danbury Trashers
- Trashers host Quad City Friday and Saturday - Danbury Trashers
- Rockford closes out regular season taking three of four points - Rockford IceHogs
- Frostbite Open Playoffs on Friday - Adirondack Frostbite
- Adirondack Frostbite Weekly - Adirondack Frostbite
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Danbury Trashers Stories
- Final week to get Trashers merchandise, team shop to close
- Trashers add four players in dispersal draft
- K-Zoo defeats Trashers 2-1 to take 3-1 Colonial Cup finals lead
- Karlander's two-goal night lifts Kalamazoo to 2-1 series lead
- Trashers split first two games of Colonial Cup Finals