Frostbite Open Playoffs on Friday
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Frostbite, proud member of the United Hockey League, announced today the schedule for their first-round playoff series against the Muskegon Fury.
The first two games of the best-of-seven series are at Walker Arena in Muskegon on Friday, April 21 and Saturday, April 22, with both games starting at 7:30 p.m. The series then shifts to the Glens Falls Civic Center for games three through five. Game three is on Wednesday, April 26 at 7:05 p.m. and game four is set for Friday, April 28 at 7:35 p.m. If necessary, game five will be Saturday, April 29, also at 7:35 p.m. Games six and seven of the series would return to Muskegon on Monday, May 1 and Tuesday, May 2 at 7:30 p.m.
Adirondack finished the regular season in second place of the Eastern Division, and earned the fifth seed in the Colonial Cup Playoffs with a 46-24-6 record (98 points). The Frostbite are looking for the team's first ever series win in the Colonial Cup Playoffs. This is Adirondack's sixth playoff berth in its seven-year UHL history, and the team is 0-5 in playoff series entering this season.
Muskegon finished the regular season in second place of the Central Division, and had the second-best record in the league at 51-18-7 (109 points), but earns the fourth seed based on the league's playoff structure. The Fury have won the last two Colonial Cups, and have captured three of the league's last four championships. After starting the season 32-5-3 through their first 40 games, the Fury went 19-13-4 over the final 36 regular-season games.
During the 2005-06 regular season, the Fury won both meetings, winning 3-1 at the Glens Falls Civic Center on January 8, and 4-1 at Walker Arena on April 11. The two teams have met once before the Colonial Cup Playoffs, with Muskegon sweeping a best-of-three series against the Adirondack IceHawks during the 2000 Colonial Cup Playoffs.
Individual-game tickets for the Colonial Cup Playoffs are now on sale. Tickets can be purchased at the Glens Falls Civic Center Box Office, by phone at (518) 798-0202, or on-line at www.ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from April 17, 2006
- Kalamazoo Wings capture Tarry Cup - IHL 2
- Komet's Kurk UHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Kalamazoo Wings week in review - Kalamazoo Wings
- Tarry Cup champions set destination Colonial Cup Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Hogs announce first round playoff schedule - Rockford IceHogs
- Komets face Hogs in first round - Fort Wayne Komets
- Richmond's Oliveira and Fort Wayne's Kurk earn weekly honors - IHL 2
- Mallards Headed to Danbury to Begin Playoffs - Quad City Mallards
- Mechanics clinch first playoff berth - Motor City Mechanics
- Afr Announces New General Manager For Team and Arena - Elmira Jackals
- Generals announce press conference - Flint Generals
- Fury announce first round playoff schedule - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- First Round Playoff Dates are set - Motor City Mechanics
- Mallards and Trashers Set First Round Schedule - Quad City Mallards
- Trashers begin playoffs Friday at home - Danbury Trashers
- Trashers host Quad City Friday and Saturday - Danbury Trashers
- Rockford closes out regular season taking three of four points - Rockford IceHogs
- Frostbite Open Playoffs on Friday - Adirondack Frostbite
- Adirondack Frostbite Weekly - Adirondack Frostbite
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.