Mallards and Trashers Set First Round Schedule
Moline, IL- The Quad City Mallards today announced the team's schedule for the opening round of the Colonial Cup Playoffs presented by Galaxy One Marketing. The best-of-seven series will be played on a 2-3-2 basis beginning in Danbury this weekend. The Mallards will host Games Three through Five at The MARK before returning to Danbury (if necessary) for Games Six and Seven.
Games One and Two are scheduled for this weekend at The Danbury Ice Arena. Game One will be played Friday night at 6:30 p.m. central time. On Saturday, Game Two begins at 6:30 p.m. central time. Both games this weekend will air live at The Lodge in Bettendorf via the b2 Network.
The series shifts to The MARK for Games Three, Four and Five. Game Three will be played on Wednesday, April 26th at 7:00 p.m. On Friday, April 28th, the Mallards host Game Four beginning at 7:00 p.m. Game Five (if necessary) will be played on Saturday, April 29th at 7:00 p.m.
If the series requires more than five games, the teams will return to Danbury for a Game Six on Monday, May 1st at 6:00 p.m. central time. Game Seven, if necessary, will be played on Tuesday, May 2nd at 6:00 p.m. central time.
Playoff tickets for Mallards season ticket holders are available now at The MARK box office. Season ticket holders can purchase additional individual tickets beginning tomorrow at The MARK box office. Individual tickets for Mallards home playoff games go on sale to the public on Wednesday at The MARK box office and via all Ticketmaster outlets (563-326-1111 or ticketmaster.com).
All games can be heard on Fox Sports Radio AM 1230 beginning 25 minutes before game time with the Maroon Mortgage Pre-Game Show. During the intermissions, stay tuned for the Swiss Valley Farms Intermission Report. After the game, the Allstate Insurance Christy Cox Post-Game Show is on the air.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from April 17, 2006
- Kalamazoo Wings capture Tarry Cup - IHL 2
- Komet's Kurk UHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Kalamazoo Wings week in review - Kalamazoo Wings
- Tarry Cup champions set destination Colonial Cup Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Hogs announce first round playoff schedule - Rockford IceHogs
- Komets face Hogs in first round - Fort Wayne Komets
- Richmond's Oliveira and Fort Wayne's Kurk earn weekly honors - IHL 2
- Mallards Headed to Danbury to Begin Playoffs - Quad City Mallards
- Mechanics clinch first playoff berth - Motor City Mechanics
- Afr Announces New General Manager For Team and Arena - Elmira Jackals
- Generals announce press conference - Flint Generals
- Fury announce first round playoff schedule - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- First Round Playoff Dates are set - Motor City Mechanics
- Mallards and Trashers Set First Round Schedule - Quad City Mallards
- Trashers begin playoffs Friday at home - Danbury Trashers
- Trashers host Quad City Friday and Saturday - Danbury Trashers
- Rockford closes out regular season taking three of four points - Rockford IceHogs
- Frostbite Open Playoffs on Friday - Adirondack Frostbite
- Adirondack Frostbite Weekly - Adirondack Frostbite
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.