Syracuse Splits Wednesday Doubleheader with Louisville
racuse, NY - The racuse Mets and Louisville Bats split a doubleheader on Wednesday evening with the Bats winning the first game, 2-0, and the Mets taking the second game, 5-0. racuse is 7-3 in games during doubleheaders this season.
Louisville (17-22) broke the scoreless game one in the top of the fifth inning. Scott Schebler and Rob Refsnyder each singled, putting runners on first and third. Juan Graterol followed and hit into a 6-4-3 double play, but Schebler scored from third for the game's first run as Louisville took a 1-0 lead.
The Bats added a second run in the seventh. Brian O'Grady doubled to center field and moved to third on a fly out. After an intentional walk, Refsnyder hit a sacrifice fly to center field to score O'Grady and make the score 2-0. That would be the game's final score.
racuse (22-16) started the scoring in game two. Dilson Herrera singled to lead off the bottom of the second inning, and David Thompson was hit by a pitch. After a groundout moved the runners to second and third base, Colton Plaia hit a sacrifice fly to right field, scoring Herrera for a 1-0 racuse lead. Tim Tebow then reached base on a ball hit to the right side of the infield to push the Mets lead to 2-0.
In the fourth, Herrera greeted his former team with a solo home run over the left-field wall with one out for a 3-0 racuse advantage. Then, after a Thompson double, Liriano singled to left field to score Thompson and extend the racuse advantage to 4-0.
The Mets added an exclamation point with a home run in the fifth. Danny Espinosa hit his sixth homer of the year on the first pitch of the inning for a 5-0 Mets lead.
racuse's pitching was fantastic throughout the day, especially in the second game. Starter Ryan O'Rourke pitched two scoreless innings to begin the game. Relievers Corey Taylor, P.J. Conlon, Paul Sewald, and Stephen Villines combined for five innings of scoreless baseball without allowing a hit.
The Mets and Bats close out their three-game series on Thursday night. RHP Zach Lee is scheduled to throw for racuse opposite RHP Vladimir Gutierrez for Louisville. First pitch is set for 6:35 p.m. at NBT Bank Stadium.
Images from this story
Dilson Herrera of the Syracuse Mets had three hits during Wednesday's doubleheader, including his fifth home run of the season
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Bisons Let Stripers Go Yard Five Times in 6-2 Loss - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Top Wings, 7-3, Wednesday in Charlotte - Rochester Red Wings
- Gwinnett Hits Five Home Runs, Bashes Buffalo, 6-2 (5.15.19) - Gwinnett Stripers
- Skole Smashes Knights Past Red Wings 7-3 - Charlotte Knights
- Bulls Start Fast, Roll over IronPigs - Durham Bulls
- Pigs losing streak extends to eight games - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats and Mets Split Doubleheader - Louisville Bats
- Columbus Clubs Four Homers on Way to Victory - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Syracuse Splits Wednesday Doubleheader with Louisville - Syracuse Mets
- Hens Homer in Front of Sold out Crowd - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (16-21) at Syracuse Mets (21-15) - Louisville Bats
- Ten Hits Lead Tribe Past RailRiders, 6-5 - Indianapolis Indians
- Indians Outlast RailRiders - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- 'Buffalo Wings Baseball' Returns with New Design Paying Tribute to 'The Flat' - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Gwinnett (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Durham Bulls Ballpark Project to Offer $10,000 Grants - Durham Bulls
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (19-16) vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (18-15) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders