Pigs losing streak extends to eight games
llentown, Pa) - Losing ways have continued for the Lehigh Valley IronPigs (19-17) as they lost 12-1 to the Durham Bulls (23-15) on Wednesday night. This was the largest loss the IronPigs have suffered all season.
Durham put a four-spot on the scoreboard against JoJo Romero (2-2) in the bottom of the first inning. Michael Brosseau hit a two-run single that was followed by Nick Solak's two-run home run. Jake Smolinski hit a two-run home run off Romero in the bottom of the fourth inning to extend Durham's lead to 6-0. Romero pitched just four innings and allowed six runs off seven hits with four walks and one strikeout.
Yacksel Rios gave up an RBI double to Jason Coats in the bottom of the fifth inning in his lone inning of work for the Pigs. Tyler Gilbert got tagged for two runs in the bottom of the sixth inning as Nate Lowe and Coats both hit RBI doubles.
Jason Martin allowed three runs in the bottom of the seventh inning as Keon Wong and Solak both hit RBI singles, while Brosseau added a sacrifice fly.
The lone run of the game for the Pigs was in the top of the seventh inning against Jake Faria (3-1). Gift Ngoepe hit his third home run of the season.
Jose De Leon started the game for Durham and pitched three innings before passing the ball to Faria for the next four innings. Cole Sulser and Hoby Milner each pitched an inning of relief for the Bulls. Seth McGarry pitched a scoreless bottom of the eighth inning for Lehigh Valley.
The IronPigs look to put a stop to their losing streak and avoid a series sweep on Thursday night in Durham. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Bisons Let Stripers Go Yard Five Times in 6-2 Loss - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Top Wings, 7-3, Wednesday in Charlotte - Rochester Red Wings
- Gwinnett Hits Five Home Runs, Bashes Buffalo, 6-2 (5.15.19) - Gwinnett Stripers
- Skole Smashes Knights Past Red Wings 7-3 - Charlotte Knights
- Bulls Start Fast, Roll over IronPigs - Durham Bulls
- Pigs losing streak extends to eight games - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats and Mets Split Doubleheader - Louisville Bats
- Columbus Clubs Four Homers on Way to Victory - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Syracuse Splits Wednesday Doubleheader with Louisville - Syracuse Mets
- Hens Homer in Front of Sold out Crowd - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (16-21) at Syracuse Mets (21-15) - Louisville Bats
- Ten Hits Lead Tribe Past RailRiders, 6-5 - Indianapolis Indians
- Indians Outlast RailRiders - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- 'Buffalo Wings Baseball' Returns with New Design Paying Tribute to 'The Flat' - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Gwinnett (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Durham Bulls Ballpark Project to Offer $10,000 Grants - Durham Bulls
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (19-16) vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (18-15) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley IronPigs Stories
- Service Electric Network to Televise Phillies Taxi Squad Games
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs 2020 Season Is Canceled
- #HopeningDay to Feature Virtual Baseball Telecast
- 'All Abilities' Night Features Sign Language Jersey Auction
- Pig Day Celebration to be Held Friday, March 6