Durham Bulls Ballpark Project to Offer $10,000 Grants
RHAM, NC - The Durham Bulls Ballpark Project presented by Coastal Credit Union will award four local organizations $10,000 each for a facility renovation for the second straight year. Any organization which operates a baseball or softball facility is encouraged to apply, including Little Leagues, softball leagues, Miracle Leagues, schools and Parks and Recreation offices.
All organizations wishing to apply must fill out this application, and must submit a 500-750 word essay describing why this renovation would be important to its facility. These essays should also provide examples of how the $10,000 donation would be used if awarded.
Additionally, all organizations are encouraged to provide further materials that will supplement their applications and essays including but not limited to videos, photos, testimonials and individual endorsements.
"The Ballpark Project was a massive success in Year One last summer," Durham Bulls Vice President Mike Birling said. "We received a number of impressive applications, and our four winners were very deserving. Along with Coastal Credit Union, we look forward to making a large impact for four new organizations in 2019."
All applications must be submitted by Monday, June 17 at 5 p.m., and applications will be accepted either via email at [email protected] or by mail at:
Durham Bulls Ballpark Project
409 Blackwell St.
Durham, NC 27701
Winners will be selected by a committee comprised of Durham Bulls and Coastal Credit Union employees and will be announced in July. Further, representatives from all four winning organizations will be recognized on-field at a Durham Bulls game in August.
The Bulls continue their six-game homestand through Sunday, May 19. Single-game tickets and group outings are available now at durhambulls.com, or by calling the Mako Medical Ticket Office at 919.956.BULL.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Bisons Let Stripers Go Yard Five Times in 6-2 Loss - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Top Wings, 7-3, Wednesday in Charlotte - Rochester Red Wings
- Gwinnett Hits Five Home Runs, Bashes Buffalo, 6-2 (5.15.19) - Gwinnett Stripers
- Skole Smashes Knights Past Red Wings 7-3 - Charlotte Knights
- Bulls Start Fast, Roll over IronPigs - Durham Bulls
- Pigs losing streak extends to eight games - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats and Mets Split Doubleheader - Louisville Bats
- Columbus Clubs Four Homers on Way to Victory - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Syracuse Splits Wednesday Doubleheader with Louisville - Syracuse Mets
- Hens Homer in Front of Sold out Crowd - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (16-21) at Syracuse Mets (21-15) - Louisville Bats
- Ten Hits Lead Tribe Past RailRiders, 6-5 - Indianapolis Indians
- Indians Outlast RailRiders - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- 'Buffalo Wings Baseball' Returns with New Design Paying Tribute to 'The Flat' - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Gwinnett (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Durham Bulls Ballpark Project to Offer $10,000 Grants - Durham Bulls
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (19-16) vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (18-15) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.