'Buffalo Wings Baseball' Returns with New Design Paying Tribute to 'The Flat'
a move that will no doubt turn one of Western New York's most heated debates from mild to hot to maybe even atomic, the Buffalo Bisons today announced the return of Buffalo Wings Baseball with an exciting new design that pays tribute to the often-overshadowed chicken wing; The Flat!
Buffalo Wings Baseball will make its 2019 debut on Wednesday, June 5 as the Buffalo Wings host the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders in the first of five "Buffalo Wings Wednesdays," presented by (716) Food and Sport. The Buffalo Wings will also renew their rivalry with the Rochester Plates on Monday, July 29 at Sahlen Field (7:05 p.m.) to coincide with National Chicken Wing Day.
The Science* behind why the "Flat' is the better wing...
Forever in the shadow of the "Drum,' the "Flat' in many respects is the far superior chicken wing of the two varieties. Think about it... Most consumers select their personal favorite wing by the flavor or type of the sauce, rather than the amount of actual meat that comes with each wing. that regard, with its much greater skin:chicken ratio, the "Flat' is in fact the better wing because it provides the consumer with more of the flavors they crave (studies* show 17.5% more sauce).
And then, when it comes to dipping, research* shows that a "Flat' wing can actually scoop 17% more bleu cheese per dip out of those small plastic cups and can extract nearly 45% more bleu cheese out of the corners of those cups. Flat's smooth & balanced shape also greatly limits air resistance, allowing the chicken wing to reach your moth 2.3 times faster* than the "unbalanced' drum.
*PLEASE NOTE: all research and studies were diligently completed by hungry Bisons staff members prior to several games at Sahlen Field.
A Flat Out Great New Look!
The Buffalo Wings new look features a medium sauce "Wings' script across the chest of a white jersey top with matching medium-sauce sleeves. The "Wings' is dotted with bleu cheese and is completed with a crunchy celery stalk depicting the team's hometown of "Buffalo.' Wiping your hands and mouth on your sleeves is now encouraged with the addition of a moist towelette patch on the left arm.
The Buffalo Wings two-toned cap is where the Flat finally gets its due recognition. The superior Flat is shown on a creamy white background, holding a celery bat and poised to hit a bleu cheese baseball right out of the park.
The only remaining uniform feature from last season, the celery-green socks complete this year's Buffalo Wings uniform.
Buffalo Wings Wednesdays, presented by (716) Food and Sport
There will be five "Buffalo Wings Wednesdays,' presented by (716) Food and Sport, in 2019: (June 5, June 19, July 17, August 14 and August 28). At each event, fans can get $2.00 off tickets by taking any (716) Food and Sport receipt to the Sahlen Field Box Office (max. 4 tickets). Fans will also be able to purchase wings that feature the great sauces and varieties offered by (716) Food and Sport out of "Wings Central' in the main concourse of the ballpark. The all-new Consumer's Pub at the Park all-you-can-eat buffet will also feature an expanded "Wing bar' section with multiple wing varieties.
Fans will have the chance to win (716) Food and Sport gift certificates with every home run hit by a Buffalo Wings player, and other wing-centric contests and trivia will be a part of the in-game entertainment.
All "Buffalo Wing Wednesdays' promotions and offers will also be in place for the Wings vs. Plates game on Monday, July 29.
Buffalo Wings Merchandise
The Bisons have unveiled a whole new line of Buffalo Wings merchandise featuring the team's new look. T-shirts, sweatshirts, New Era on-field and adjustable caps and jerseys are now available at Bisons.com and BuffaloWingsBaseball.com. Fans will also be able to purchase the items at Sahlen Field this homestand as the Bisons are home through Sunday, May 19.
Any "Buffalo Wings' purchase made this homestand (May 15-19) at Sahlen Field will include a buy-one, get-one ticket voucher for the first "Buffalo Wings Wednesday' on June 5.
For more information, fans should visit BuffaloWingsBaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Bisons Let Stripers Go Yard Five Times in 6-2 Loss - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Top Wings, 7-3, Wednesday in Charlotte - Rochester Red Wings
- Gwinnett Hits Five Home Runs, Bashes Buffalo, 6-2 (5.15.19) - Gwinnett Stripers
- Skole Smashes Knights Past Red Wings 7-3 - Charlotte Knights
- Bulls Start Fast, Roll over IronPigs - Durham Bulls
- Pigs losing streak extends to eight games - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats and Mets Split Doubleheader - Louisville Bats
- Columbus Clubs Four Homers on Way to Victory - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Syracuse Splits Wednesday Doubleheader with Louisville - Syracuse Mets
- Hens Homer in Front of Sold out Crowd - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (16-21) at Syracuse Mets (21-15) - Louisville Bats
- Ten Hits Lead Tribe Past RailRiders, 6-5 - Indianapolis Indians
- Indians Outlast RailRiders - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- 'Buffalo Wings Baseball' Returns with New Design Paying Tribute to 'The Flat' - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Gwinnett (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Durham Bulls Ballpark Project to Offer $10,000 Grants - Durham Bulls
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (19-16) vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (18-15) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons Remain Red-Hot on Road, Defeat Pawtucket 10-6
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Pawtucket (7:05 p.m.)
- Sportsnet 590 the FAN in Toronto to Air Nine Bisons' Games in 2019
- Bichette Has 4-Hit Day in Bisons' 8-1 Win over Tides
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Norfolk (1:05 p.m.)