Strong Start from Quinn Gudaitis Leads Bobbers to 5-1 Win
KENOSHA, Wis. -The K-Town Bobbers (5-5) tied the 2020 Kenosha Series on a 5-1 win over the Kenosha Kingfish (5-5) on Thursday night at Simmons Field.
K-Town struck first with two runs in the 3rd inning. With the bases loaded, Brett Harris (Gonzaga) drove in Walker Jenkins (Missouri Sate) on a sacrifice fly to left field for K-Town's first run. Then Justice Bigbie (Western Carolina) followed with an RBI single, scoring Cam Cratic (Madison College), to put the Bobbers up 2-0.
K-Town plated two more runs in the 5th inning to extend their lead 4-0. Nick Gonzalez (USF) led off the inning with a single and scored on an error to put K-Town up 3-0.. Harris scored the Bobbers fourth run of the game on a fielder's choice.
In the 5th inning, Kenosha's Mitchell Buban (UW-Milwaukee) drove in Justin Janas (Illinois) to pull within three runs of the Bobbers, 4-1.
The Bobbers extended their lead to 5-1 in the 7th inning on a Jared Weber (Florida A&M) RBI double that scored Bigbie.
Quinn Gudaitis (Illinois Wesleyan University) pitched 5.0 shutout innings giving up just three hits and three walks while fanning seven Kingfish batters on his way to being named player of the night.
Bobbers reliever Luke Jaksich (Ball State) pitched a scoreless 7th inning and retired the side on strikeouts.
Andy Neu (UW-Milwaukee) continued the trend of scoreless relief pitching allowing no runs in the eighth and striking out two Kingfish.
K-Town closer Anthony DeFrancesco (Arizona Christian University) pitched a clean 9th inning with a strikeout to secure the win.
Kingfish starter Mike Edwards (UW-Milwaukee) took the loss pitching giving up four runs on six hits while striking out one in 5.0 innings.
The 2020 Kenosha Series resumes on Friday night at Simmons Field. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05 PM CT with the Bobbers hosting the Kingfish.
Free audio coverage of all 2020 Kenosha Series games can be streamed on the Kenosha Kingfish Radio Network Facebook Page while a streamed television production is available to watch on the Northwoods League Baseball Network.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 30, 2020
- Bats Heat up Late in Wisconsin's 11-7 Loss to Rockford - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Booyah Stun Rafters at Witter Field - Green Bay Booyah
- Gunnar Takes No-No into 6th - Bismarck Bull Moose
- Strikeouts Spur Spitters Sweep - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Stingers Complete Sweep of MoonDogs in Willmar ThursdayÃÂ - Mankato MoonDogs
- Stingers Win Thriller over Mankato - Willmar Stingers
- Strong Start from Quinn Gudaitis Leads Bobbers to 5-1 Win - Kenosha Kingfish
- Rafters Start Home-And-Away Series with the Booyah - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Booyah Begin Two-Game Set against Rafters - Green Bay Booyah
- Former La Crosse Logger Brooks Kriske Debuts with the Yankees - Northwoods
- Former Loggers Pitcher Brooks Kriske Debuts with the Yankees - La Crosse Loggers
- Green Bay Swept in Series Versus Dock Spiders - Green Bay Booyah
- Bats, Bullpen Work in Unison in 9-0 Shutout Win for Spiders - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kenosha Kingfish Stories
- Kingfish Close 2020 Kenosha Series with 8-5 WIn
- Kingfish Defeat Bobbers 18-0 in Record Setting Night
- Bobbers Stop Eight Game Skid with 8-3 Win over Kingfish
- Kingfish Win Eighth Straight to Tie Team Record Win Streak
- Kingfish Take 2020 Kenosha Series with 7th Straight Win