Storm Complete Draft Day Trades
Kearney, NE. - The Tri-City Storm has completed separate draft day transactions with the Sioux Falls Stampede and Waterloo Black Hawks to acquire multiple players. Tri-City has acquired forward David Sacco from the Waterloo Black Hawks in exchange for future considerations. Tri-City has also acquired defenseman Mario Gasparini from the Sioux Falls Stampede in exchange for an 8th Round pick in the 2021 USHL Phase II Draft and future considerations.
David Sacco, 19, Forward, of Middleton, Massachusetts, appeared in six games during the 2020-2021 season for the Waterloo Black Hawks. He also skated in four regular season games and five postseason games with the Islanders Hockey Club (NCDC) in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts. Sacco netted seventeen goals and recorded twenty-three assists in twenty-four games played during the 2019-2020 season for Lawrence Academy in Groton, Massachusetts. He also served as one of the team's Alternate Captains. He also spent time during the 2019-2020 season with the Cape Cod Whalers AAA program in Falmouth, Massachusetts. Sacco scored fifteen goals and recorded ten assists in thirty-five games with the Whalers. Sacco also skated previously skated for St. John's Prep in Danvers, Massachusetts. Sacco previously announced a commitment to play college hockey at the University of New Hampshire.
Mario Gasparini, 18, Defenseman, of Lakeville, Minnesota, skated in thirty-six games during the 2020-2021 season for the Sioux Falls Stampede. He notched four assists for the Sioux Falls offense. Gasparini appeared in twenty-four regular season games during the 2019-2020 season for Lakeville North High School in Lakeville, Minnesota. He scored four goals and recorded ten assists. Gasparini was also a member of Team MAP South in the Upper Midwest High School Elite Hockey League (UMHSEHL) during the 2019-2020 season. He scored one goal and recorded four assists in eighteen games played. Gasparini's first career point in the USHL was recorded on January 15th, 2021 in a 4-3 home loss to the Sioux City Musketeers. Gasparini previously announced a commitment to play college hockey at the University of Vermont.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from May 27, 2021
- Stampede Selects 18 in USHL Phase II Draft - Sioux Falls Stampede
- RoughRiders Complete USHL Draft - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Steel Select 17 Players in Phase 2 of USHL Draft - Chicago Steel
- Hawks Snag 16 in Phase II Draft - Waterloo Black Hawks
- 17 More Chosen in Capitols Phase II Draft - Madison Capitols
- Gamblers Take Team USA Alum Straky in 1st Round of USHL Entry Draft - Green Bay Gamblers
- Dubuque Fighting Saints Complete Phase II of 2021 USHL Draft, Select 20 Players - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Lancers Select 18 Players in Phase II of Draft - Omaha Lancers
- NHL Central Scouting List Highlighted by Steel - Chicago Steel
- 2021 USHL Phase I Recap - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Storm Complete Draft Day Trades - Tri-City Storm
- Storm Acquire Multiple Players in Separate Transactions - Tri-City Storm
- Musketeers Complete Draft Day Trade - Sioux City Musketeers
- Four Musketeers Listed in Latest NHL Draft Rankings - Sioux City Musketeers
- Central Scouting Sizes up Hawks - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Gamblers Select Shaugabay in the 1st Round - Green Bay Gamblers
- 2021 USHL Draft Phase I Recap - Fargo Force
- Fighting Saints Acquire First Overall Pick; Saints to Select Justin Janicke First Overall - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Capitols Select 10 in Phase I of 2021 USHL Draft - Madison Capitols
- RoughRiders Complete Phase I Selections - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.