Storm Acquire Multiple Players in Separate Transactions
Kearney, NE. - The Tri-City Storm has announced the acquisition of multiple players through separate transactions. Haden Kruse, Arvega Hovsepyan, and John Druskinis were all acquired by the Storm during the 2020-2021 regular season as "Players to be named later" in multiple transactions. As draft day arrives, Tri-City has now officially acquired the rights to each player for the 2021-2022 season.
Haden Kruse, 18, Forward, of Nisswa, Minnesota, appeared in three games as an affiliate list call-up this season with the Des Moines Buccaneers. Kruse was selected 99th overall in the 7th Round of the 2019 USHL Phase I Draft by the Buccaneers. He appeared in twenty-five games for Brainerd High School in Brainerd, Minnesota during the 2019-2020 season. Kruse netted seventeen goals and recorded seventeen assists for twenty-four total points. He also skated in fourteen games during the 2019-2020 season for Team Sanford Health of the Upper Midwest HS Elite Hockey League (UMHSEHL).
Arvega Hovsepyan, 18, Forward, of Los Angeles, California, appeared in thirty-six games this season for the Shattuck St. Mary's 18U Prep team in Faribault, Minnesota. He led all forwards with forty-seven points this season. Hovsepyan scored nineteen goals and also recorded twenty-eight assists. He netted eighteen goals and notched thirty-eight assists during the 2019-2020 season for Shattuck St. Mary's 16U Prep team. Hovsepyan skated in one-hundred games at the 16U AAA level during the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 seasons. Prior to playing at Shattuck St. Mary's, Hovsepyan skated for the Los Angels Jr. Kings AAA organization in Los Angeles, California.
John Druskinis, 19, Defenseman, of Plymouth, Michigan, has skated in fifty-five games with the Muskegon Lumberjacks during the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons. Druskinis has scored one goal and recorded six assists to this point in his USHL career. His first career USHL goal was scored on January 9th, 2021 in Muskegon's 4-2 road loss to the Green Bay Gamblers. Prior to his time in the USHL, Druskinis skated for the Chippewa Steel (NAHL) and Hartland High School in Hartland, Michigan. Druskinis won back-to-back state championships at Hartland High School in 2017-2018 and 2018-2019. Druskinis previously announced a commitment to play college hockey for the University of Michigan.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from May 27, 2021
- Stampede Selects 18 in USHL Phase II Draft - Sioux Falls Stampede
- RoughRiders Complete USHL Draft - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Steel Select 17 Players in Phase 2 of USHL Draft - Chicago Steel
- Hawks Snag 16 in Phase II Draft - Waterloo Black Hawks
- 17 More Chosen in Capitols Phase II Draft - Madison Capitols
- Gamblers Take Team USA Alum Straky in 1st Round of USHL Entry Draft - Green Bay Gamblers
- Dubuque Fighting Saints Complete Phase II of 2021 USHL Draft, Select 20 Players - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Lancers Select 18 Players in Phase II of Draft - Omaha Lancers
- NHL Central Scouting List Highlighted by Steel - Chicago Steel
- 2021 USHL Phase I Recap - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Storm Complete Draft Day Trades - Tri-City Storm
- Storm Acquire Multiple Players in Separate Transactions - Tri-City Storm
- Musketeers Complete Draft Day Trade - Sioux City Musketeers
- Four Musketeers Listed in Latest NHL Draft Rankings - Sioux City Musketeers
- Central Scouting Sizes up Hawks - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Gamblers Select Shaugabay in the 1st Round - Green Bay Gamblers
- 2021 USHL Draft Phase I Recap - Fargo Force
- Fighting Saints Acquire First Overall Pick; Saints to Select Justin Janicke First Overall - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Capitols Select 10 in Phase I of 2021 USHL Draft - Madison Capitols
- RoughRiders Complete Phase I Selections - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.