Stars Outrun Hustle
SALT LAKE CITY - The Western Conference-leading Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, defeated the Memphis Hustle 125-119 tonight at Bruin Arena in the first game of a home back-to-back set.
The Stars were led by a trio of 20-plus point performances, highlighted by Utah Jazz assignment player Miye Oni, who tallied 28 points on 7-of-13 (.538) shooting, including 4-of-7 (.571) from three-point range. Nigel Williams-Goss, also on assignment from the Jazz, poured in 24 points, seven assists and four rebounds, while Jazz two-way player Jarrell Brantley added 24 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. Trevon Bluiett led all reserves with 18 points off the bench.
Memphis was paced by Dusty Hannahs, who finished with a game-high 32 points to tally his second-straight outing of 30 or more points. Memphis Grizzlies assignee Josh Jackson filled the stat sheet with 14 points, 11 rebounds and six assists, while Matt Mooney posted 14 points and 10 assists.
The game was a back-and-forth battle throughout and featured 21 lead changes along with 10 ties. With the game tied at 111-all with 3:05 remaining in the final frame, Salt Lake City outscored the Hustle 14-8 down the stretch to come away with the six-point (125-119) victory.
The Stars outshot the Hustle (.535-.478) and held the advantage in three-pointers made (13-9), assists (26-24) and fast break points (20-6). The Hustle pulled down more rebounds (41-39), grabbed more steals (4-3) and tallied more points in the paint (62-60).
The Stars will continue their three-game homestand with "Luau Night presented by Nu Skin" tomorrow, Jan. 11, against the Agua Caliente Clippers (LA Clippers affiliate) at 7 p.m. (MT) at Bruin Arena. The first 300 fans in attendance will receive Stars sunglasses and a lei, and luau princesses will be on hand for pictures throughout the evening. The game will be streamed live on NBAGLeague.com.
Tickets for all Stars home games are available at slcstars.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 11, 2020
- Clippers Cruise Past Stars - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Blue Offense Goes Cold in Loss to Suns - Oklahoma City Blue
- Charge Split Series in Wisconsin - Canton Charge
- NAZ Suns Use Record First Half to Stifle Oklahoma City - Northern Arizona Suns
- Windy City Finishes Home Stand with Win over Fort Wayne, 120-112 - Windy City Bulls
- Wisconsin Returns the Favor, Downs Canton 131-123 - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Defeat Texas Legends, 139-118 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Greensboro Succumbs to Long Island - Greensboro Swarm
- Three Lakers Grab Double-Doubles, But South Bay Falls at Home - South Bay Lakers
- Brazdeikis Leads Knicks to Win over Magic, 112-106 - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Fall to Red Claws on Second Night of Back-To-Back - Grand Rapids Drive
- Waters, Maten Lead Claws to 5th Straight Win - Maine Red Claws
- Magic Fall to Knicks on Second Night of Back-To-Back - Lakeland Magic
- Magic Sign Josh Magette to 10-Day Contract - Lakeland Magic
- Cavaliers Recall Tyler Cook from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Stars Outrun Hustle - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.