Blue Offense Goes Cold in Loss to Suns
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Blue (8-16) fell to the Northern Arizona Suns (6-17), 108-93, on Saturday night.
Northern Arizona held an 18-point lead early in the fourth quarter, but Oklahoma City chipped away, eventually getting the deficit down to 10 points on free throws from Abdul Gaddy. The Suns' Jared Harper hit a step back three-pointer on the next possession that sealed the game for Northern Arizona.
"I want to give credit to Northern Arizona; I thought they were the more ready team tonight from the opening tip," Head Coach Grant Gibbs said. "They outexecuted us, competed harder than us and were just the better team for a good majority of the game, especially the first half. I thought we showed good fight and togetherness to bring the game close in the second half, but it was too much to overcome."
Gaddy was one of four in double figures for Oklahoma City, scoring 15 points on 4-of-6 shooting from the field and 3-of-3 free throw shooting, as the Blue shot 7-of-8 from the free throw line.
The Blue faced a 27-point deficit in the first half, but battled back in the third quarter, eventually trimming the deficit to nine points after a free throw from Vincent Edwards with five minutes left in the third.
Edwards finished with 15 points off the bench for Oklahoma City. Devon Hall led the way with a career-high-tying 26 points and seven rebounds.
Oklahoma City took care of the ball, only committing 13 turnovers while the Suns turned it over 19 times.
Northern Arizona was led by 22 points from Trayvon Palmer and 20 from Harper.
Oklahoma City wraps up the homestand with a game against the South Bay Lakers on Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 7 p.m. in the Cox Convention Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 11, 2020
- Clippers Cruise Past Stars - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Blue Offense Goes Cold in Loss to Suns - Oklahoma City Blue
- Charge Split Series in Wisconsin - Canton Charge
- NAZ Suns Use Record First Half to Stifle Oklahoma City - Northern Arizona Suns
- Windy City Finishes Home Stand with Win over Fort Wayne, 120-112 - Windy City Bulls
- Wisconsin Returns the Favor, Downs Canton 131-123 - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Defeat Texas Legends, 139-118 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Greensboro Succumbs to Long Island - Greensboro Swarm
- Three Lakers Grab Double-Doubles, But South Bay Falls at Home - South Bay Lakers
- Brazdeikis Leads Knicks to Win over Magic, 112-106 - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Fall to Red Claws on Second Night of Back-To-Back - Grand Rapids Drive
- Waters, Maten Lead Claws to 5th Straight Win - Maine Red Claws
- Magic Fall to Knicks on Second Night of Back-To-Back - Lakeland Magic
- Magic Sign Josh Magette to 10-Day Contract - Lakeland Magic
- Cavaliers Recall Tyler Cook from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Stars Outrun Hustle - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.