Stars Fall to Blue
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, fell to the Oklahoma City Blue 103-102 in the final seconds on the road this afternoon.
The Stars (26-22) were led by Grayson Allen, on assignment from the Utah Jazz, who tallied his second-straight 20-point game with a game-high 25 points on 8-of-14 (.571) from the floor to go with three steals. Isaiah Cousins recorded 18 points and a game-high six assists, and Utah Jazz two-way player Tyler Cavanaugh tallied his 10th double-double of the season (second in the last three games) with 15 points and a game-high 14 rebounds. Stephaun Branch notched his first double-double of the season with 15 points and 10 boards, and Tony Bradley, on assignment from the Utah Jazz, scored 16 points on 7-of-10 (.700) shooting.
The Blue (31-16) were paced by Chris Wright, who scored 19 points off the bench. Kevin Hervey tallied his third double-double of the season with 14 points and 11 rebounds, and Hamidou Diallo, on assignment from the Oklahoma City Thunder, finished with nine points and five rebounds.
There were 13 lead changes in the first quarter, with the Blue taking a three-point edge (32-29) at the end of the frame. The Blue extended their advantage to 13 points (62-49) following a 10-0 run late in the second quarter, but the Stars responded with a 10-3 spurt to trim the lead and end the half trailing by six (65-59). Oklahoma City led by five points (88-83) to begin the fourth quarter, which featured five ties. The game was knotted at 101-all with 1:12 remaining and the Stars pulled ahead by one (102-101) following an Allen free throw with 31.4 seconds left. On the next possession, Dez Wells converted a driving layup to put the Blue ahead 103-102 and secure the win.
The Stars will conclude the 2018-19 campaign with a two-game homestand beginning on Tuesday, March 19 against the Memphis Hustle (Memphis Grizzlies affiliate). The game, which is "First Responders Night presented by Larry H. Miller Dealerships," tips off at 7 p.m. at Bruin Arena and will be broadcast on ESPN+.
Tickets for all Stars home games are available at slcstars.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 17, 2019
- Skyforce Eliminated in Loss to Hustle - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stockton Kings Come Back in Overtime Thriller against Greensboro Swarm - Stockton Kings
- Hustle Win Fourth Straight Game to Bolster Playoff Chances - Memphis Hustle
- Stars Fall to Blue - Salt Lake City Stars
- Red Claws Fall in Home Finale - Maine Red Claws
- Skyforce Acquires CJ Anderson - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- South Bay Boots Austin Back to Texas in Home Win - Austin Spurs
- Red Claws Acquire Thomas Robinson - Maine Red Claws
- Suns Fight Back Before Losing at Buzzer to Vipers - Northern Arizona Suns
- Legends Bounce Back in Home Finale - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.