Legends Bounce Back in Home Finale
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends (16-32) nearly doubled the fourth quarter output of the Agua Caliente Clippers (25-22) to grab a 106-103 comeback victory.
Texas opened the night shooting 56% to take their largest lead (+8) in the first. Johnathan Motley posted a 15-point performance to keep it close and the Clippers finished within three at the first buzzer. Justin Bibbs knocked down a long ball early in the second to tie it up and the Clippers took over from there. After 5 lead changes, the visitors' hot shooting put them on top. Texas went 0-for-6 from outside while Agua Caliente hit 43% and 60% overall to push a double-digit gap.
The home team's deficit grew to 19 in the third, but the shooting heated up and a balanced offensive attack ended the third at 79-88. Texas' comeback continued in the fourth as Nate Mason took control. Mason added 12 while the Legends held the Clippers to 15 to complete the rally, finishing the home season with a win.
The Legends only had four players in double-digits, but all active players made the board. Mason led the way with 20 points, 6 rebounds while Xavier Rathan-Mayes added 16 points and a team-high 5 assists. Vander Blue and Keith Hornsby rounded it out with 12 and 10 respectively.
Angel Delgado powered the Clippers with 20 points, 21 rebounds, and 5 assists while Johnathan Motley added 19 points, 11 rebounds. JJ Avila came off the bench to add 14 points, 4 rebounds, and Manu Lecomte and Desi Rodriguez combined for 23.
Texas hits the road for the final two games of the regular season taking on the Austin Spurs first at 7:30pm Tuesday. Fans can catch all the action live on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 17, 2019
- Skyforce Eliminated in Loss to Hustle - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stockton Kings Come Back in Overtime Thriller against Greensboro Swarm - Stockton Kings
- Hustle Win Fourth Straight Game to Bolster Playoff Chances - Memphis Hustle
- Stars Fall to Blue - Salt Lake City Stars
- Red Claws Fall in Home Finale - Maine Red Claws
- Skyforce Acquires CJ Anderson - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- South Bay Boots Austin Back to Texas in Home Win - Austin Spurs
- Red Claws Acquire Thomas Robinson - Maine Red Claws
- Suns Fight Back Before Losing at Buzzer to Vipers - Northern Arizona Suns
- Legends Bounce Back in Home Finale - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.