Legends Bounce Back in Home Finale
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends (16-32) nearly doubled the fourth quarter output of the Agua Caliente Clippers (25-22) to grab a 106-103 comeback victory.
Texas opened the night shooting 56% to take their largest lead (+8) in the first. Johnathan Motley posted a 15-point performance to keep it close and the Clippers finished within three at the first buzzer. Justin Bibbs knocked down a long ball early in the second to tie it up and the Clippers took over from there. After 5 lead changes, the visitors' hot shooting put them on top. Texas went 0-for-6 from outside while Agua Caliente hit 43% and 60% overall to push a double-digit gap.
The home team's deficit grew to 19 in the third, but the shooting heated up and a balanced offensive attack ended the third at 79-88. Texas' comeback continued in the fourth as Nate Mason took control. Mason added 12 while the Legends held the Clippers to 15 to complete the rally, finishing the home season with a win.
The Legends only had four players in double-digits, but all active players made the board. Mason led the way with 20 points, 6 rebounds while Xavier Rathan-Mayes added 16 points and a team-high 5 assists. Vander Blue and Keith Hornsby rounded it out with 12 and 10 respectively.
Angel Delgado powered the Clippers with 20 points, 21 rebounds, and 5 assists while Johnathan Motley added 19 points, 11 rebounds. JJ Avila came off the bench to add 14 points, 4 rebounds, and Manu Lecomte and Desi Rodriguez combined for 23.
Texas hits the road for the final two games of the regular season taking on the Austin Spurs first at 7:30pm Tuesday. Fans can catch all the action live on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 17, 2019
- Skyforce Eliminated in Loss to Hustle - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stockton Kings Come Back in Overtime Thriller against Greensboro Swarm - Stockton Kings
- Hustle Win Fourth Straight Game to Bolster Playoff Chances - Memphis Hustle
- Stars Fall to Blue - Salt Lake City Stars
- Red Claws Fall in Home Finale - Maine Red Claws
- Skyforce Acquires CJ Anderson - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- South Bay Boots Austin Back to Texas in Home Win - Austin Spurs
- Red Claws Acquire Thomas Robinson - Maine Red Claws
- Suns Fight Back Before Losing at Buzzer to Vipers - Northern Arizona Suns
- Legends Bounce Back in Home Finale - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- PRJKT VET Logo to Go on Legends' Court
- Legends Build "ConNEXTions" Youth Mentorship Program
- Texas Pro Sports Teams and Civic Organizations Unite with #TexasTeamUp Campaign to Encourage Voter Turnout in the Lone Star State
- Legends' Home Comerica Center to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Legends Host Voter Registration Event Sep. 22nd