Skyforce Eliminated in Loss to Hustle
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Memphis Hustle (27-21) handed the Sioux Falls Skyforce (23-24) their 10th-straight loss on Sunday afternoon by a final score of 116-101 at the Sanford Pentagon. The Force have now lost 14-of-15 games, and were mathematically eliminated from playoff contention in the defeat.
The Force were able to jump out to an early 19-15 lead behind 15 combined points from Bubu Palo (season-high 33 points, 10 assists, nine rebounds) and Miami HEAT assignee Charles Cooke III (13 points, five rebounds).
Memphis Grizzlies assignee Jevon Carter (16 points, six assists) aided the Hustle in the opening period, as they trailed by just one point moving into the second quarter.
Doral Moore (15 points, 14 rebounds) powered Memphis to a 12-2 run to start the second quarter. Rodney Purvis (14 points, six rebounds) scored 10 points in the second quarter alone and helped orchestrate a 19-7 run to end the half, which helped slash the Hustle lead to just three at intermission (55-52).
The Hustle got off to a quick 19-9 run to open the second half. Sioux Falls struggled mightily in the third quarter, shooting 9-26 from the field. Memphis Grizzlies two-way player Julian Washburn (19 points, four steals) helped bolster a 15 point lead heading to the final period.
The Hustle built up a lead as big as 23 points in the fourth quarter, as Memphis Grizzlies assignee Tyler Dorsey (30 points, seven assists, five rebounds) scored 14 points in the final period.
Miami HEAT two-way player Yante Maten (23 points, 11 rebounds) netted 10 points in the final period and posted his 13th double-double of the season. Memphis Grizzlies two-way player Yuta Watanabe (5 points, 2-11 FGA) struggled from the field in the contest.
The Skyforce embark on a three game road trip to end the season, starting at Oklahoma City (31-16) on Monday at 7:00 p.m. The Hustle take a five game winning streak into Salt Lake City (26-22) on Monday, as well.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 17, 2019
- Skyforce Eliminated in Loss to Hustle - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stockton Kings Come Back in Overtime Thriller against Greensboro Swarm - Stockton Kings
- Hustle Win Fourth Straight Game to Bolster Playoff Chances - Memphis Hustle
- Stars Fall to Blue - Salt Lake City Stars
- Red Claws Fall in Home Finale - Maine Red Claws
- Skyforce Acquires CJ Anderson - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- South Bay Boots Austin Back to Texas in Home Win - Austin Spurs
- Red Claws Acquire Thomas Robinson - Maine Red Claws
- Suns Fight Back Before Losing at Buzzer to Vipers - Northern Arizona Suns
- Legends Bounce Back in Home Finale - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Miami Heat Two-Way Player Gabe Vincent Named NBA G League Most Improved Player
- Skyforce Releases Statements Regarding G League Cancellation
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors