Skyforce Acquires CJ Anderson
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Sioux Falls Skyforce announced today that the team has acquired guard CJ Anderson off of waivers. Anderson will wear No. 23 for the Skyforce, and takes the open roster spot left by Jarrett Jack in wake of his season-ending injury.
Anderson, a 6-6, 207-pound guard out of the University of Massachusetts, appeared in 35 games for the Erie BayHawks this season prior to being placed on waivers. In his stint with the BayHawks, Anderson averaged 2.8 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.4 assists in just over 13 minutes per contest. Anderson scored an NBA G League career-high with 14 points on 6-of-7 FG in 28 minutes off the bench on November 27 in an eventual loss to Raptors 905.
Anderson played four seasons at UMASS, appearing in 126 collegiate games (47 starts) and averaging 5.1 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game. As a senior during the 2017-18 season, Anderson posted career-best averages of 10.6 points, 5.1 assists and 5.0 rebounds per game. After going undrafted in the 2018 NBA Draft, Anderson briefly signed with the Atlanta Hawks before being allocated to Erie as an affiliate player.
Anderson's first chance to suit up for the Skyforce will come in tonight's final home game of the regular season against Midwest Division rival, the Memphis Hustle.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 17, 2019
- Skyforce Eliminated in Loss to Hustle - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stockton Kings Come Back in Overtime Thriller against Greensboro Swarm - Stockton Kings
- Hustle Win Fourth Straight Game to Bolster Playoff Chances - Memphis Hustle
- Stars Fall to Blue - Salt Lake City Stars
- Red Claws Fall in Home Finale - Maine Red Claws
- Skyforce Acquires CJ Anderson - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- South Bay Boots Austin Back to Texas in Home Win - Austin Spurs
- Red Claws Acquire Thomas Robinson - Maine Red Claws
- Suns Fight Back Before Losing at Buzzer to Vipers - Northern Arizona Suns
- Legends Bounce Back in Home Finale - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Miami Heat Two-Way Player Gabe Vincent Named NBA G League Most Improved Player
- Skyforce Releases Statements Regarding G League Cancellation
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors