Stars Acquire Quenton DeCosey
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, have acquired guard Quenton DeCosey from the available player pool, it was announced today.
DeCosey (6-5, 205, Temple) appeared in eight games this season with the Maine Red Claws, averaging 4.6 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.0 assist in 9.5 minutes. DeCosey, who has played professionally in Italy and Greece, averaged 11.7 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.9 assists in 129 games (99 starts) over his four-year collegiate career at Temple.
The Stars were able to sign DeCosey after the NBA G League granted the team a hardship roster spot due to injuries to other Stars players.
DeCosey will wear No. 5 for the Stars tonight. Salt Lake City will complete its three-game road trip this evening at the Erie BayHawks (Atlanta Hawks affiliate) at 5 p.m. (MT), which will be broadcast on Facebook Live.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 2, 2019
- Iowa Wins in Spectacular Fashion against Memphis - Iowa Wolves
- Harvey's 58 Points Not Enough in Hustle's Fourth Straight Loss - Memphis Hustle
- Vipers Fall Short to Clippers at Home - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Gets Back on Brand in Win over Texas - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Drop Final Game of Road Trip to BayHawks - Salt Lake City Stars
- BayHawks Shine against Stars - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Pull Away from Mad Ants in Second Half - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Drive Dominate Mad Ants Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Roll over Herd - Maine Red Claws
- Windy City Collects Franchise Record 43-Point Victory, Beats Canton 120-77 - Windy City Bulls
- Cavaliers Recall Kobi Simmons from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Stars Acquire Quenton DeCosey - Salt Lake City Stars
- Vipers Reacquire Gary Payton II - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Suns Shoot Lights out Too Little Too Late against Magic - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.