Star Wars Night Headlines Packed Eight-Game Homestand
DURHAM, NC - The Durham Bulls open an eight-game homestand against the Baltimore Orioles and Atlanta Braves Triple-A affiliates on April 29. The Monday-to-Monday set of games features Star Wars Night, the season's first Bark in the Park event, Bull City Strong Day and Afforda-BULL Eats.
The fun begins on Monday, April 29 at 7:05 p.m. against the Norfolk Tides. Monday's game is Bark in the Park presented by Hollywood Feed, as fans can bring their furry friend to the DBAP. Human tickets for the event cost $9 and canine tickets cost $5, with all proceeds from dog tickets benefiting Second Chance Pet Adoptions. Additionally, the All-Star Stunt Dogs will be at the DBAP Monday night, putting on an exciting dog show display fans won't want to miss.
The series against the Tides continues Tuesday, April 30 at 10:35 a.m. with the season's first Education Day, presented by BASF. The DBAP will be visited by thousands of school-children that morning, with the DBAP's entertainment centered around learning and fun.
On Wednesday, May 1 the Bulls and Orioles top affiliate close their series at 10:35 a.m. with Bull City Strong Day presented by Advance Auto Parts and Batteries. In response to the explosion in Durham on April 10, all First Responders will receive a complimentary ticket to the event, and a portion of ticket proceeds from the initiative will benefit the Durham One Fund.
The Bulls welcome the Gwinnett Stripers to the DBAP on Thursday, May 2 at 7:05 p.m., with the evening's contest presented by Groupon. Thursday's game features Afforda-BULL Eats, as the stadium will serve a variety of discounted food items, including $2 hot dogs, $3 pizza slices and select $5 beer.
On Friday, May 3 the Bulls and Stripers square off at 7:05 p.m. in the second game of a five-game set, presented by Easterseals UCP. Friday's game will feature local food trucks MoonRunners and Bull City Street Food on the Diamond View concourse in right field, and following the game will be a Friday Night Fireworks show presented by bioMerieux.
On Saturday, May the Fourth, the Bulls and Stripers will play in a galaxy far, far away as the DBAP celebrates Star Wars Night presented by Duke Children's Hospital at 6:35 p.m. That evening the stadium will be visited by costumed characters and feature the special beverage Yoda Soda at select locations. Additionally, the team will wear specially-designed jerseys which will be available for auction before and during the game, with proceeds benefiting Duke Children's Hospital.
The Bulls and the Braves Triple-A affiliate continue their series on Sunday, May 5 at 5:05 p.m. Sunday's game is presented by Duke Health - Stroke Awareness and is Nurses Appreciation Night, and following the game children get to show off their speed around the DBAP infield with Kids Run the Bases presented by Nature's Twist.
The eight-game homestand comes to a close against the Stripers on Monday, May 6 at 1:05 p.m. with Senior Citizens Appreciation Day.
The Bulls return from a six-game road trip on Monday, April 29. Single-game tickets and group outings are available now at durhambulls.com, or by calling the Mako Medical Ticket Office at 919.956.BULL.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 25, 2019
- Knights Drop 11-7 Slugfest to Toledo - Charlotte Knights
- Hens Score Early and Often in Win - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Hit Three Homers, But Fall in Slugfest to Mets, 8-7 - Buffalo Bisons
- Mets Cap off Homestand with 8-7 Victory over Bisons - Syracuse Mets
- Indians Swept Despite Franklin's Big Day - Indianapolis Indians
- ESPN to Feature Derby City Mint Juleps for 'Minor League Promotion of the Week' - Louisville Bats
- Back-To-Back Home Runs Propel Stripers over Indians - Gwinnett Stripers
- Extra Delicious: Plates Beat 'Riders - Rochester Red Wings
- IronPigs denied the sweep at McCoy Stadium - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Castillo Carries PawSox in Series Finale - Pawtucket Red Sox
- RailRiders Fall in Extras - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Notes: Durham Bulls (8-10) at Louisville Bats (8-12) - Louisville Bats
- Star Wars Night Headlines Packed Eight-Game Homestand - Durham Bulls
- Military Appreciation Day at Louisville Slugger Field: Sunday, April 28 - Louisville Bats
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (10-8) at Gwinnett Stripers (10-9) - Indianapolis Indians
- Indians Unveil New Circle City Jersey Design - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Syracuse (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.