Stampede Re-Acquire Pierre Jackson
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Stampede announced today that the team has re-acquired guard Pierre Jackson. The Stampede held his returning player rights. In a subsequent move, the team has waived guard Travis Releford. Following the moves, Idaho's roster now stands at 12 players.
Jackson (5-10, 180, Baylor) appeared in 31 games (27 starts) for the Stampede in 2013-14, averaging 29.1 points, 3.6 rebounds, 6.2 assists and 1.9 steals in 41.5 minutes of action. On Feb. 4, 2014, he scored 58 points against the Texas Legends, setting the D-League single-game scoring record (since tied by Dar Tucker on March 28, 2015). Jackson went 24-for-33 from the floor (.727), including 53.8 percent from three-point range (7-for-13), and added eight assists as well as six rebounds. He also recorded 20-plus points in 24 games, seven games of 30-or-more points, 40-plus points in six games. The fourth overall pick in the 2013 D-League Draft, Jackson was selected to the 2014 D-League All-Star Game in New Orleans and was named performer of the week three times.
The 24-year-old guard spent the 2015 preseason with the Philadelphia 76ers, appearing in three games as a reserve. He was waived by Philadelphia on Oct. 26.
The Las Vegas native played two years at Southern Idaho (2009-11) before to transferring to Baylor (2011-13) to finish his collegiate career. Jackson appeared in 36 games (35 starts) his senior season, averaging 19.8 points, 7.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds in 34.8 minutes of action. He helped lead the Bears to an Elite Eight appearance in the 2012 NCAA Tournament as well as a 2013 NIT Championship.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 6, 2016
- Oklahoma City Shuts Down Delaware in Comeback Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Oklahoma City Leaves Delaware Feeling Blue at Showcase - G League
- Legends Outlast Knicks at Showcase - Texas Legends
- Buzzer Beater Rims as Westchester Knicks Fall to Texas Legends - Westchester Knicks
- Texas Outlasts Westchester 105-103 at Showcase - G League
- Idaho Falls to Charge in Showcase Opener - Idaho Stampede
- Charge Storm Past Stampede to Begin Showcase - Canton Charge
- Canton Takes Down Idaho in Showcase Opener - G League
- D-Fenders Acquire Speedy Smith - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Iowa Energy Announce Lindsay Ell to Headline Country Night on January 30 - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Announce Schedule Change - Maine Red Claws
- Stampede Re-Acquire Pierre Jackson - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.